“Really good Thai near South Riding, Stone Ridge” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 141 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Thai
South Riding, Virginia
“Really good Thai near South Riding, Stone Ridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The review title really says it all. First and foremost, the food was excellent. It was delicious and prepared fresh which makes a huge difference in taste. That would be enough right there for me to come back. One of the owners recommended the Chili Thai Basil (2 on a scale of 3 for spicy). I ordered it with chicken, which was really good. It'll be good for lunch tomorrow too!

I stopped in on a Sunday night. I'd known that the restaurant was here, but I was surprised to learn they'd been open for almost a year! All those missed opportunities! The folks running the place were nice and the best description I can give is that they make it feel like a neighborhood restaurant. That's something I really miss living out here in the 'burbs of Northern Virginia.

It's located in the shopping center at the intersection of Gum Spring Rd and Rt 50. The whole shopping center is a bit hidden by greenery and the whole complex looks like it was purposely overbuilt to accommodate all of the development that was going on in the area a few years back (and probably will pick up again). Because of that, it appears a little "empty". But don't be put off ... you'll miss out on some seriously good Thai food. This is my new go-to place for Thai near home.

• Visited July 2011

USA
“Terrific food, friendly family run place, reasonably priced, very clean! We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

We found this gem on a local Wash. D.C. online review site. We were starving after a cross country flight, so we stopped here on the way from Dulles Airport to Wash. D.C. It's located in a small strip mall, so don't miss it as you drive by. The owner greeted us warmly, we had fabulous dishes-vegetarian, chicken and shrimp. Two of us love spicy food, so we ordered the food designated with three chilis, while another member of our party was very happy with a less spicier dish. Do try the homemade mango ice cream for dessert-it's healthy, made with non-fat dairy and no sugar-and absolutely spectacular in flavor!

• Visited March 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

I spotted Smile Thai while driving through South Riding one afternoon. As I entered, I was immediately greeted by a very pleasant woman behind the counter. She offered suggestions and jasmine tea as I looked through the menu. I had been to this location previously when it was Tandoor, but clearly the owners of Smile Thai have remodeled. The restaurant is calm and relaxing, with pretty decor. I highly recommend the curry puff appetizer and Smile tofu, as they were both delicious. The menu has much of what one would expect at a Thai restaurant with some surprises thrown in. I will be a frequent visitor to this establishment.

1 Thank HappyOTummy