“Terrific food, friendly family run place, reasonably priced, very clean! We loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smile Thai Cuisine

Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

We found this gem on a local Wash. D.C. online review site. We were starving after a cross country flight, so we stopped here on the way from Dulles Airport to Wash. D.C. It's located in a small strip mall, so don't miss it as you drive by. The owner greeted us warmly, we had fabulous dishes-vegetarian, chicken and shrimp. Two of us love spicy food, so we ordered the food designated with three chilis, while another member of our party was very happy with a less spicier dish. Do try the homemade mango ice cream for dessert-it's healthy, made with non-fat dairy and no sugar-and absolutely spectacular in flavor!

• Visited March 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

I spotted Smile Thai while driving through South Riding one afternoon. As I entered, I was immediately greeted by a very pleasant woman behind the counter. She offered suggestions and jasmine tea as I looked through the menu. I had been to this location previously when it was Tandoor, but clearly the owners of Smile Thai have remodeled. The restaurant is calm and relaxing, with pretty decor. I highly recommend the curry puff appetizer and Smile tofu, as they were both delicious. The menu has much of what one would expect at a Thai restaurant with some surprises thrown in. I will be a frequent visitor to this establishment.

• 4 of 5 bubbles