“Santa was great and breakfast was too”
Review of Ticonderoga Farms

Ticonderoga Farms
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Chantilly
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family owned and operated attractions farm located in Chantilly, VA with over 1,000 acres of fields and forest. Come experience the changing seasons outdoors with us! We host birthday parties, school field trips, family reunions, corporate picnics, and all other group events. During every season, we hold specialty festivals such as; Easter Egg Hunt Spectacular, Public Service Recognition Weekend, Mother's Day Celebration Weekend, Father's Day Weekend Celebration, Summer Barnyard Bash, and our Fig Fest! We have a variety of activities offered daily; hayrides, hillside slides, Native America tepee village, "Panda Puzzle" bamboo maze, farm petting zoo, large jumping pillow, and more! See you on the farm! Fall Pumpkin Festival 2013The changing of the leaves, the cool crisp air, and hot apple cider seem to turn the fall into the season of festivals. Packed with hayrides, pumpkins, slides, making s’mores by the bonfire and more. Ticonderoga Farms is the place you want to visit for all the fun of fall this year. All our activities will be here for you and your family. Enjoy the great outdoors, the colors of fall and take a break from your busy schedules. The admission includes hayrides, activities and access to the pick your own pumpkin field. Don’t forget to get your own pie size pumpkin included with paid admission. Children under the age of 2 (23 months or younger) are free. Festival is Mid September to first week of November
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I and our 5 children went there to see Santa and have breakfast. My children were so excited we could hardly keep them still. When we arrived we were directed to a beautiful old red barn that was very well decorated. Breakfast was wonderful the pancakes were just perfect, my oldest son ate 5 more then he has ever eaten before. I was pleasently suprised by the entire experience I didn't think breakfast in a barn would be much, but this was absolutly great. I would recommend this to any one who has children that enjoy the outdoors to do this with their children. We had such a wonderful time we went back last weekend for the spring festival for Easter and my children haven't stopped talking about it. The Easter Bunny and Chicken are great. Betty E. Warrenton, VA

2  Thank dehboxwood

Reviewed December 19, 2010

IT WAS COOOOOLDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INSIDE!!!!!! When we arrived, we were directed to a barn where the breakfast was being held. The temperature outside was about 25F. When we walked in the barn, it was probably about 35F. There were about 10 picnic tables inside and the decorations were great - you could hardly tell it was a barn.

The problem was that there were NO heaters anywhere in sight!! Everyone that was already there were all huddled at their tables still with hats, coats, and gloves. Santa was in the back in a wonderfully decorated area, but no one was back there because they were so cold!

Breakfast was barely passable and barely warm. There were pancakes and sausage links, but the sausage links were burnt and overcooked. Syrup, butter, utensils and drinks were on two tables that looked like they were from a kindergarten class - adults had to bend way down just to get things. There was orange juice, but it was frozen and you could hardly get it out of the container.

Service:
When I asked an employee why it was so cold, the response was: "Because it's cold outside and this is a barn."

Price:
My wife got 1/2 off tickets through certifikid. We paid $8 a person and had two adults and three children, 7,4, and 4. If we would have paid full price we would have been much more upset. The only reason we didn't walk out or make a fuss was because we had three children excited to see Santa. At least Santa was nice.

We were out of there as soon as we ate our cold breakfast and saw Santa. Just as we were leaving they were finally setting up ONE heater. Too little way too late. Absolutely no excuse for the way this was handled. Judging by the other two reviews, they handle everything else this way too.

Overall:
Go to the mall or your volunteer fire dept Breakfast with Santa. It will be cheaper and it will be WARM!!!

2  Thank brianbva
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I bundled up my one-year-old and drove an hour to go see the farm animals and "working farm" experience, only to find that the information on the website was totally wrong. They weren't even open Monday through Friday and there was no winter festival, as advertised. To make matters worse, beginning about 2 miles before the farm they have signs advertising the festival and hours--all of which are completely incorrect. After tracking down a employee I come to find out that they just don't really change their signage. He even pointed out that the Easter decorations were still up on some of the trees! Maybe its best we were turned away, because the place looked like a total dump.

1  Thank robinski_00
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The entrance fee is just shy of $15 for everyone over two. So for my husband, myself and our 28 month old daughter it was $44.85 just to get in. For this fee you get a hay ride and a miniature pumpkin. Everything inside the gates has it's own associated charge. We left wondering what we got for the entrance fee. If you visit Ticonderoga farms bring your checkbook and leave your sense of value at home.