“Great Food - Average Room”

Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed August 20, 2006

No complaints about the food. The food was excellent. Try the Grouper and Eggs Benedict. I thought food prices and even room service prices were fair. I liked this place because the dress code was more resort casual than dressy. The parking lot is a good hike when you have bags to carry. The scenery is beautiful but you do have to walk a little bit to get anywhere, even to the pool or spa.

The room was average with an extrememly small TV. I think it may have been 19 inches or maybe even smaller. The TV reception also wasn't great. The bathroom was disappointing. The bathtub is so narrow that no adult (even a skinny one) could possibly be comfortable in it. The bedding was very nice though I requested a king room and was given two queens (no big deal). The room was clean. The hotel listing on one of the travel web sites indicated that rooms had jetted bathtubs and mini bars. My room was missing these items but maybe there were better rooms available as an upgrade. I didn't really care that I didn't have a minibar in the room. However, it would have been nice to at least have had a small refrigerator.

I used the spa and had a massage. The massage was very good but it should be for $90 an hour. The strange part about the spa is that there are massage rooms that can only be accessed through the ladies locker room. When I arrived to change into my robe, I was told to wait to get undressed and to turn around and not look because they were bringing a man through (through the ladies locker room). That was quite strange.

I would recommend this hotel and would espeically recommend the restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank HDK68

Reviewed July 14, 2006

I stayed at the Westfields Marriott for a weekend in June. The room is nice, quiet and clean. However on the day of checkout, i used my expensive flat iron ($100+) and forgot it on the bathroom counter when I checked out. Upon getting home to California that night, I called the Marriott's front desk and told them I left my flat iron in the room and to contact me when the maid turns it in. I checked in with front desk everyday for a week, but they kept telling me no flat iron had been turned in. 3 weeks later, I doubt I will see my beloved flat iron again.
Clearly, the Marriott has no system to ensure the honesty of their employees. If the management never asks the maids about items guests reported leaving behind, then the maids can keep valuable items they find with impunity.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2006

A little difficult to find, but beautiful property. Room had new Revive bedding which was quite soft - too soft for one of us. It had two queen beds so the room was full of beds although there were two desks and two chairs, no balcony. The bathroom was terribly small, tiny by European standards. There was an extra sink out of the bathroom which helped a little. The tub was way too small to lie down in so you can really only have a shower unless you're a child. The view was just trees, quite disappointing. We were near the elevators and it was very noisy late at night as there were two weddings that day and lots of people. Rate was $128 incl. taxes. No turn down service. Coffee cream in room was way past date, and only one cup, so it wasn't properly maid serviced. Room service breakfast was excellent Bacon&eggs.

They claim to have 3 restaurants but 2 of them were for groups only - with a pub downstairs we didn't use. The Palm Court was huge - probably seats 2000 people yet there were ony 6 people total in the room so it looked strange. Was oriental cuisine and very good veal and pasta meals. Caesar salads was just OK and Bailey's cake very dry. Rum & coke had flat coke, so asked for a repeat - also no fizz, so just had glass of wine instead. Meal for 2, only 1 glass of wine, $110 - would rate restaurant excellent. Valet park is $12.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank pwrshift
Reviewed June 3, 2006

We decided to get away for the weekend, and stumbled upon this wonderful hotel/resort about 30 mi outside of Washington, DC. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The workout facilities were in excellent condition with up-to-date equipment. The rooms were very large and well appointed. Sleeping in the bed was like sleeping in a cloud. We did run into a few noise problems on our first night's stay (1st floor). However, when we reported the problem to management, they were quick to apologize, give us a discount off of the first night's stay, and take the time to research a better location within the hotel for our second night's stay. The second night was considerably quieter. The hotel staff is extremely professional, concerned, and quick to help. We will absolutely return to this hotel as often as possible.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank tichelle77
Reviewed May 14, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for one night because I was attending a wedding & reception held here.

Wow! This is a terrific hotel. Best Marriott I’ve stayed at! The common areas are beautiful, and everything shines. The grounds are pretty and very well maintained. Every member of the staff I dealt with was pleasant.

My room (489) was pretty and spotlessly clean. The beds were terrific. Each had a very thick comforter and four pillows. The room also had a couple of chairs, a table, a desk, a dresser/entertainment center, and a nightstand. It was a long distance from the elevator. If you’re traveling with someone who has difficulty walking, you’d want to request a closer room.

There were two sinks – one in the bathroom and another just outside the bathroom. There was a walk-through closet that had an iron and ironing board. There were extra pillows on a shelf in the closet. A bathrobe was provided.

The bathroom had nice shampoo, conditioners and crème (Aromatherapy). The towels were large and plush.

There were outdoor tennis and basketball courts. There was also an outdoor pool. The hotel also has a spa. I believe there was also an indoor pool.

The only food I ate was at the Marriott was at the cocktail party & reception following the wedding. It was well above average for this type of affair. The vegetables were all fresh, and the steak and salmon fillets were nicely cooked and still hot when served.

Had to think to come up with negatives, and there are a few minor things. The lights all worked, but none of them were very bright. Would have liked at one bright area for applying make-up. Local phone calls are $1 each. There are no vending areas in the hotel. No ice machines either. Complimentary ice can be ordered from room service. The television was surprisingly small – probably 19”. Internet access is $10 per day. The Marriott is in a nice area, but there’s nothing within walking distance. You definitely want to have a car while staying here.

The Westfields Marriott is first class, and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank nal001
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 10, 2006

With my flight being cancelled out of Dulles Airport I had to find a hotel nearby quickly. Using Mariott rewards points I booked this hotel and got the night for free which was a real treat. I'm sure otherwise it sells about $300/night. Because it was a late night arrival and I was out early the next a.m. I didn't get to experience much outside of my hotel room, but what a gorgeous room! Probably one of the nicer rooms I've stayed in in a very long time. Very elegant, up to date, and spacious. The bed was THE most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in. Staff was very friendly and the complimentary hotel shuttle to/from the airport was also a bonus. The lobby and other areas I saw were beautiful as well. I would tell anyone to stay here!

Only complaint was that the walls were paper thin. I could hear the woman in the room next to me on the phone, I could hear the shower running in the room above me, every time the toilet flushed...and the hall ways you heard anything going on. Although a bit of an annoyance it was nothing turning the t.v. up a bit didn't take care of.

Great place!