My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights this weekend for a conference and were pleased overall with the experience. This hotel very obviously caters to conferences, weddings and other large events, as shown by the massive conference rooms and lobbies.
Check-in/Staff: Check-in was quick and easy, and they allowed us to check in early at 3:00. All the staff were extremely professional and helpful, despite telling us the incorrect times for the breakfast buffet, leading to having a lunch buffet at 10:45. No harm done and they counted our lunch as our breakfast and comped it with our gold membership. Even cleaning staff always greeted us, as well as the staff at the entrance.
Breakfast: Buffet is $18.95 without a gold membership, but is well worth the money - very wide selection of excellent food, from bacon and sausage, fruit, oatmeal/cereal, to breakfast burritos and French toast. Everything was excellent.
Room: Clean,standard Marriott room, and ours had a fridge. The hotel does not provide fridges for all guests, and are usually given only on request and if they're available, so I assume that our gold membership gave us an extra perk. Just something to consider. There is an extra dressing mirror outside the bathroom so that two people can get ready, which is a nice perk. Bathrobes are comfy - not sublime, but a nice touch none the less. The wifi has a daily charge of $12.95, which I thought was a ludicrous charge for a top hotel in the year 2013, where wifi is standard at nearly very hotel in America. Gold members have it complementary, but I think it's an unnecessary charge for guests.
Grounds/Parking: Hotel is extremely beautiful and the setting is isolated on beautiful, well-kept grounds with lovely walking paths. Parking is a bit of a walk, and if there is a conference happening, the back-up lots are even further. There is an option to park valet for $25/day but I'm frugal and I like to walk.
Overall it was a good stay, and considering that we got a reduced rate for the conference. I don't think I would be pleased at having to pay the wifi charge, but it's a small factor. We didn't have time to make it to the pools or fitness room, so I can't comment on those. Would gladly stay here again for the next conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles combines elegant hotel accommodations with a sophisticated meeting and wedding venue in Chantilly, VA. This Virginia conference center hotel offers convenient access in a retreat like setting and is located near the Dulles Expo Center, Dulles International Airport and a short drive to downtown Washington, DC. The National Air and Space Museum, Virginia wineries and the Wolf Trap Center for Performing Arts are all within 10 miles of this premier Virginia getaway. This Chantilly, VA hotel also features access to the Signature Westfields Golf Club by Fred Couples. Enjoy a variety of hotel services and amenities, including a fitness center, indoor & outdoor pool and our onsite restaurant, Wellington's. Offering 40,000 sq ft of state-of-the-art meeting space and 31 meeting rooms, along with expert event planners, the Westfields Marriott hotel is dedicated to helping you make the most of your meeting, conference or wedding reception in Northern Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles Hotel Chantilly
- Marriott Hotel Chantilly
- Marriott Resort Chantilly
- Marriott Chantilly
- Chantilly Marriott