All reviews beautiful hotel conference center wooded area two sinks self park large hotel business hotel washington dulles parking lot front desk staff comfortable rooms minute drive king bed air and space museum valet wedding property
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with 2 small children over Labor Day weekend. Front desk clerk was very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms were adequately sized and clean. Outside pool area was nice but the water was a little cool. Great location...secluded enough but a short car ride away from a lot of places to eat/shop. The only downside to this hotel was that we stayed on a Saturday when there were 3 weddings occurring. Although parking was free and lots of it, we had to park quite a ways away from the hotel. With 2 small children we turn in pretty early and were awaken around 11:40 by loud music and a lot of people talking (next door in the Windsor Suite). After about 5 min. of that and a baby waking up, we called the front desk and were able to hear a security officer come to the suite within 3 min. Music was turned down instantly and voices lowered considerably. Second occurrence happened around 12:00. Party going on above us. Heavy foot traffic, music, and loud chanting. Another call to the front desk. Within a few minutes we could hear the knock on the door from security, music turned off, chanting stopped...but about 20 min. later it was the same thing. Another call to the front desk. This time it sounded like the room was cleared and we heard nothing else from the room above us. Overall good experience at the hotel, but we ended up checking out a day early. We could not risk having another interrupted/sleepless night. The hotel could not have known these people would act they way they did and we were pleased with the way they handled the situation...quickly and efficiently. I would highly suggest staying here...just check to see if there are any events before you do or else you might find yourself in the same situation as us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sloane1121
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As far as airport hotels go this sis a good one.
Well priced and everything you need including an outdoor pool.
Good voice of food and a prompt service, the only negative would be the restaurant, not really a point of difference from the more friendly bar area, oh and they need to be quicker collecting room service trays.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank martingreaves
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently attended a wedding and this was the hotel chosen for the wedding party/guests. The rate provided by the hotel was awesome. We were located on the West Wing. The rooms were really nice and the bed was comfortable. An adequate amount of pillows was provided. I also liked the way the bathroom was split with two sinks (One was provided in the bathroom and a separate one was provided outside the bathroom for a second person to get ready.

The fitness center is located in the bowels of the hotel on the east wing. It was a pretty far walk from my room to the fitness room/pool. It does have a good amount of equipment and weights. It is not the best fitness center I have seen, but not the worst. There is a pool (outside and inside) connected to the fitness center. I didn't swim, but the pools looked nice and good size.

We did eat at the palms restaurant for breakfast. Their buffet was excellent. The price is $18.99 per person (a little high for breakfast). We also hung out at the bar which was nice, a large size and had good service.

The parking was ok. They had self service parking or you can have your car valet for $24.99 per day. I am cheap so I parked my own car. It was a little walk, but not bad. They was a few weddings going on when we were there. At night time, the normal lot filled up quick, so I found myself in the overflow lot. This lot is a far walk so put on your running shoes.

The hotel is a little bit off fro 28. You have to make a few turns. It is not viewable from the interstate. They do have nice tennis courts and two nice outdoor basketball courts, but you wouldn't know it since they are blocked by the trees. I finally noticed it one time from my walk from the overflow lot.

Room Tip: If you stay on the West Wing, request a room close to the elevator. We stayed in the 230's (on the second floor) and it was a pretty far walk. Also, when driving to the hotel, follow the signs for the conference center.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because my son was attending a conference there. Looked very nice on-line. The rooms didn't have a refrigerator or microwave and I asked the desk clerk why the first night because most hotels have them now. I was told they did have refrigerator available upon request so I asked for one. Received a call 30 minutes later saying their was not one available but I would be next on list to get one. I was there seven nights and did not ever get a refrigerator. The mattresses were broke down and they put mattress pads on them which did not help at all. To get wi-fi in room they wanted $12.95 a day. One day the room didn't even get cleaned. Done with Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dtondini
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying to the UK. Had a lovely meal in the Hotel Bar/Restaurant where the staff were friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic king room with plenty of space for all our luggage. Really convenient location for hire car refuelling and the airport too. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013