All reviewsbeautiful hotelconference centerwooded areatwo sinksself parkbusiness hotelindoor poolwashington dullesbed was comfortableparking lotthe entire staffminute driveair and space museumvaletweddingpropertylacy
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently attended a wedding and this was the hotel chosen for the wedding party/guests. The rate provided by the hotel was awesome. We were located on the West Wing. The rooms were really nice and the bed was comfortable. An adequate amount of pillows was provided. I also liked the way the bathroom was split with two sinks (One was provided in the bathroom and a separate one was provided outside the bathroom for a second person to get ready.

The fitness center is located in the bowels of the hotel on the east wing. It was a pretty far walk from my room to the fitness room/pool. It does have a good amount of equipment and weights. It is not the best fitness center I have seen, but not the worst. There is a pool (outside and inside) connected to the fitness center. I didn't swim, but the pools looked nice and good size.

We did eat at the palms restaurant for breakfast. Their buffet was excellent. The price is $18.99 per person (a little high for breakfast). We also hung out at the bar which was nice, a large size and had good service.

The parking was ok. They had self service parking or you can have your car valet for $24.99 per day. I am cheap so I parked my own car. It was a little walk, but not bad. They was a few weddings going on when we were there. At night time, the normal lot filled up quick, so I found myself in the overflow lot. This lot is a far walk so put on your running shoes.

The hotel is a little bit off fro 28. You have to make a few turns. It is not viewable from the interstate. They do have nice tennis courts and two nice outdoor basketball courts, but you wouldn't know it since they are blocked by the trees. I finally noticed it one time from my walk from the overflow lot.

Room Tip: If you stay on the West Wing, request a room close to the elevator. We stayed in the 230's (on the second floor) and it was a pretty far walk. Also, when driving to the hotel, follow the signs for the conference center.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because my son was attending a conference there. Looked very nice on-line. The rooms didn't have a refrigerator or microwave and I asked the desk clerk why the first night because most hotels have them now. I was told they did have refrigerator available upon request so I asked for one. Received a call 30 minutes later saying their was not one available but I would be next on list to get one. I was there seven nights and did not ever get a refrigerator. The mattresses were broke down and they put mattress pads on them which did not help at all. To get wi-fi in room they wanted $12.95 a day. One day the room didn't even get cleaned. Done with Marriott.

2  Thank dtondini
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying to the UK. Had a lovely meal in the Hotel Bar/Restaurant where the staff were friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic king room with plenty of space for all our luggage. Really convenient location for hire car refuelling and the airport too. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed two nights at the hotel while in town for a wedding.One should be aware it is a conference hotel which means it is catering to big meetings,conventions,etc.So be aware that there will be lots of people at times in the hallway,at the pool,etc.They will also be making noise and it is nosier then your average hotel.
It does need upgrading.Its a bit worn at places.The lobby and bar are not very inviting.The beds are ok,not the upgraded beds one sees at other places.The rooms are a nice size and very clean.The staff is very friendly and very helpful.
It basically is a three star hotel and ok if you are aware of what type of hotel you are staying at.I am not sure why AAA gave it four diamonds but it is not a four diamond hotel.It is a reasonable price if you get the weekend price of 99.00.
As noted,DC is at least a half hour away and the metro does not reach the town so you will need a car to get around

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Beautiful - spacious - out of the way (there's the problem - pretty far drive to almost everywhere except Dulles - that wasn't a bad distance). We had great rooms and service. Very comfy beds! Would have been a 5 if not for being out of the way and at the breakfast buffet my husband was served cream for his coffee that had what looked like a torn sugar packet in it. They did comp our entire table (4 adults and 1 child) for the breakfast buffet (which I thought was over and above - thinking they would just comp my husband's) but it had already turned my husband's stomach since he drank from the coffee before discovering the paper while adding more cream. It sort of looked like it had been cleared from another table and then served to him so he wasn't sure what might have been wrong with it. They were very apologetic and the service was excellent otherwise. Just unfortunate.

Room Tip: You will need to request a refrigerator if you want one. Also need to request a sofa (sofa bed) if you want one in your room.