All reviewsbeautiful hotelconference centerwooded areatwo sinksself parkbusiness hotelindoor poolwashington dullesbed was comfortableparking lotthe entire staffminute driveair and space museumvaletweddingpropertylacy
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed two nights at the hotel while in town for a wedding.One should be aware it is a conference hotel which means it is catering to big meetings,conventions,etc.So be aware that there will be lots of people at times in the hallway,at the pool,etc.They will also be making noise and it is nosier then your average hotel.
It does need upgrading.Its a bit worn at places.The lobby and bar are not very inviting.The beds are ok,not the upgraded beds one sees at other places.The rooms are a nice size and very clean.The staff is very friendly and very helpful.
It basically is a three star hotel and ok if you are aware of what type of hotel you are staying at.I am not sure why AAA gave it four diamonds but it is not a four diamond hotel.It is a reasonable price if you get the weekend price of 99.00.
As noted,DC is at least a half hour away and the metro does not reach the town so you will need a car to get around

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Beautiful - spacious - out of the way (there's the problem - pretty far drive to almost everywhere except Dulles - that wasn't a bad distance). We had great rooms and service. Very comfy beds! Would have been a 5 if not for being out of the way and at the breakfast buffet my husband was served cream for his coffee that had what looked like a torn sugar packet in it. They did comp our entire table (4 adults and 1 child) for the breakfast buffet (which I thought was over and above - thinking they would just comp my husband's) but it had already turned my husband's stomach since he drank from the coffee before discovering the paper while adding more cream. It sort of looked like it had been cleared from another table and then served to him so he wasn't sure what might have been wrong with it. They were very apologetic and the service was excellent otherwise. Just unfortunate.

Room Tip: You will need to request a refrigerator if you want one. Also need to request a sofa (sofa bed) if you want one in your room.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Ok let's start by saying the obvious. This is not a 5 star hotel and not in the heart of DC. How ever it is a nice place and value for your money.
The hotel is about 35 minutes from DC's main attractions. So if you are planning to stay here when visiting DC take that in consideration. There are public transportation trains into DC but it is pricey or you can drive your self into DC (keep that in mind).
The hotel it self is very nice and spacious, set back in a woodsy area (you may even spot a deer at night; we did) the place is a conference center so depending on your luck, you may have a packed place or semi empty. We stay from July 3rd to July 7th and the first few nights the hotel was very empty but the last 2 nights (weekend) there were 3 weddings schedule each day so it was packed, but here is where you have to get smart about staying at hotels... When you check in; ask for your room to be at the end of a hall, the furthest from the elevators. You may have to walk a few more steps, but you are avoiding any foot traffic and noise for that matter from other guests at your floor (trust me, is worth it) and this is a great tip at any hotel.
The room we reserved came with complementary breakfast buffet and it was a nice full on buffet complete with omelet station and all.
The rooms are nice and clean, nothing spectacular but ample and clean.
The outside pool area is great, nice and big pool with plenty of tables and lounge chairs and hot t tub and the second pool (indoors) is not as big but nice enough. Worth to mention that the pools are open one at the time... outside pool has preference and the indoor pool only opens when inclement weather is upon.
The gym is sufficient and also has looker rooms with sauna room.
The minuses are that there are no mini fridges in the rooms and is a little far from downtown DC so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: In this, or any hotel for that matter, ask for rooms far from the elevators, preferably at the end of a hallway, that way you avoid traffic from other guests coming and going passing by your door late night or early morning making noise. The last 2 hotels we stayed in (This hotel and Atlantic City) we had rooms at the end of hallways and never heard anyone, it was perfectly quiet because we were the last room.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Driving up to this hotel was beautiful! But.... I checked in and let the woman know I would like to pay for my room with my Marriot gift cards. She said they would only take them at check out and my credit card would be charged for my stay plus $50 per night. ALL other Marriots we have stayed at have let me pay for my room at check IN with my gift cards to avoid the cc charges. She couldn't have been more rude about it, in fact No one at this hotel was very nice at all! We got to our room and it was nice. There were bathrobes for us to use but they were FILTHY! There were a lot of weddings that day but the crowds did not bother us at all , it was fun to see the pretty dresses. However the drunk people smoking cigars at the entrance and puking in the parking lot later well that's another story. I was excited about the sauna an steam room but neither one worked. The indoor pool was locked and the outdoor pool closed although according to the signs they were both supposed to be open. The next day they opened the pool and it was soooooooo dirty! The pool guy hung out with his girlfriend and appeared to do no work at all. For this being a resort hotel I expected better from the pool area. There were broken chairs tossed around and worn out chaise covers. We went here for a romantic getaway and were VERY disappointed. The only positives were the fluffy beds and the woodsy location. I don't know how AAA gave this 4 diamonds!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vickie M
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is consistent with the Marriott line. I found the rooms and bed to be comfortable, and, yes the bathrooms are small. Sleep quality variable, depending on how much noise was coming from adjacent rooms, with connecting doors in both directions, although locked, even conversation in adjacent rooms was easily heard.

The fitness center and outdoor pool were a plus. The indoor pool was locked. The meeting rooms get a big plus for very comfortable chairs. The food at the restaurant and the bar was average. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job.

All that said, this hotel was just too isolated for me. To even get somewhere to buy lunch offsite, you needed a car, or had to take the shuttle. And to get to DC, you either have to fight traffic all the way, or drive to the Vienna metro station (@25 min), and then take the metro to downtown (45min).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business