All reviewsbeautiful hotelconference centerwooded areatwo sinksself parkbusiness hotelindoor poolwashington dullesbed was comfortableparking lotthe entire staffminute driveair and space museumvaletweddingpropertylacy
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Driving up to this hotel was beautiful! But.... I checked in and let the woman know I would like to pay for my room with my Marriot gift cards. She said they would only take them at check out and my credit card would be charged for my stay plus $50 per night. ALL other Marriots we have stayed at have let me pay for my room at check IN with my gift cards to avoid the cc charges. She couldn't have been more rude about it, in fact No one at this hotel was very nice at all! We got to our room and it was nice. There were bathrobes for us to use but they were FILTHY! There were a lot of weddings that day but the crowds did not bother us at all , it was fun to see the pretty dresses. However the drunk people smoking cigars at the entrance and puking in the parking lot later well that's another story. I was excited about the sauna an steam room but neither one worked. The indoor pool was locked and the outdoor pool closed although according to the signs they were both supposed to be open. The next day they opened the pool and it was soooooooo dirty! The pool guy hung out with his girlfriend and appeared to do no work at all. For this being a resort hotel I expected better from the pool area. There were broken chairs tossed around and worn out chaise covers. We went here for a romantic getaway and were VERY disappointed. The only positives were the fluffy beds and the woodsy location. I don't know how AAA gave this 4 diamonds!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vickie M
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is consistent with the Marriott line. I found the rooms and bed to be comfortable, and, yes the bathrooms are small. Sleep quality variable, depending on how much noise was coming from adjacent rooms, with connecting doors in both directions, although locked, even conversation in adjacent rooms was easily heard.

The fitness center and outdoor pool were a plus. The indoor pool was locked. The meeting rooms get a big plus for very comfortable chairs. The food at the restaurant and the bar was average. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job.

All that said, this hotel was just too isolated for me. To even get somewhere to buy lunch offsite, you needed a car, or had to take the shuttle. And to get to DC, you either have to fight traffic all the way, or drive to the Vienna metro station (@25 min), and then take the metro to downtown (45min).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank widad11
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went there for a wedding and stayed overnight. The surroundings are conducive to relaxation and rest. The service is first class, the rooms spacious and well maintained, the breakfast delicious and copious. Food served at functions involving large numbers is usually bland; here it was tasty and served efficiently and in a friendly manner. The staff at the reception were also attentive. The property and the grounds are well maintained and manicured.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel is situated in a beautiful wooded setting and the exterior and lobby are also grand. However, the guest rooms are in need of updating. Very small bathroom and bedroom is generic. The Pub Bar looks nice but pool tables are worn and the menu doesn't match the venue. Outdoor pool and fitness center are small and difficult to find. This hotel is equipped to be a mid-level conference center and wedding facility. Otherwise, it doesn't work well unless visiting family or business nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MCPME
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a wedding, stayed 3 days, the breakfast buffet was very good and service excellent
Rooms were clean well taken care of, very spacious rooms and common areas, excellent service during wedding

• Stayed: May 2013