I have been staying in this hotel for three nights over the weekend. I was travelling in North Carolina during the following week, but needed to return to Washington DC area the weekend after. I have booked the hotel for another two nights again. Could I say sth more positive ?
I fully agree with the other reviewers. This hotel is close to Dulles airport (15 min) and Washington downtown (by car approx. 45 min., to the Metro link Fairfax/Vienna ca. 30 min.), but being in a parklike surrounding does not feel at all like being metropolitan. Even though there were several major events going on at the hotel (by the way of multi-cultural background, Indian, Jewish, Arab ...) I never did feel disturbed by that as a "normal" hotel guest. The rooms are spacious and mine did look into a small forest of trees. Behind that was a major street, which I only very faintly heard a night. Bathroom is a bit out-dated plastic style of the 90's, but beds were very good. A big drawback is the very outdated internet-policy charging USD 13 per night for WiFi - guys, that costs you one star above ... please review that, in 2013 this is not possible to be regarded anything but a ripoff ! Outside the room I used the gym, which is well equipped and well maintained.. There are also two pools indoor and outdoor. I did not eat at the hotel.
All in all good and I liked it and - as I said - I will go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles combines elegant hotel accommodations with a sophisticated meeting and wedding venue in Chantilly, VA. This Virginia conference center hotel offers convenient access in a retreat like setting and is located near the Dulles Expo Center, Dulles International Airport and a short drive to downtown Washington, DC. The National Air and Space Museum, Virginia wineries and the Wolf Trap Center for Performing Arts are all within 10 miles of this premier Virginia getaway. This Chantilly, VA hotel also features access to the Signature Westfields Golf Club by Fred Couples. Enjoy a variety of hotel services and amenities, including a fitness center, indoor & outdoor pool and our onsite restaurant, Wellington's. Offering 40,000 sq ft of state-of-the-art meeting space and 31 meeting rooms, along with expert event planners, the Westfields Marriott hotel is dedicated to helping you make the most of your meeting, conference or wedding reception in Northern Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles Hotel Chantilly
- Marriott Hotel Chantilly
- Marriott Resort Chantilly
- Marriott Chantilly
- Chantilly Marriott