“Outstanding Place to stay”

Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Westfield Marriott several times. I cannot say enough about how great the staff is. This property if very classy, rooms are clean and bed very comfortable. They have a nice indoor pool, hot tub and work out room . We enjoyed the lounge and the staff there were also great. The hotel is quiet and you could not ask for a better place to stay in Chantilly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Because we visit the Chantilly/Reston area periodically, we have stayed in this hotel many times over the years. It is a very nice Marriott property, a very classic one (versus modern). It has a large dining room where breakfast is served every morning and a nice brunch on Sundays. They have a large workout room that includes weights. They have an indoor pool and an outdoor pool which is very nice in the summer. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. We have been there on several occasions while conferences were going on or wedding parties were there and have never been disturbed by noise - there are several different wings which helps isolate the rooms from the main activities at the hotel. They were upgrading the rooms to all have wireless internet in February 2013 when we were there which will be a nice addition.

Room Tip: I prefer not to have a room that opens directly onto the main courtyard on the first floor, simply f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dafootes
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at Marriott properties across the United States, but the Marriott Westfields was one of the most pleasant facilities I have visited. The property is in excellent condition, quiet and restful guest rooms, and great restaurant. The staff is to be commended for their service. Mr. Poland offered top-notch valet and luggage service. This is a conference center location, and I truly was not expecting anything more than an average conference hotel property. I would definitely book at this property - free parking, great service, facilities in a very convenient location and the best hotel staff ever! A hot cocoa stand was waiting for late evening arrivals, and there is a Starbucks on the property. What more coud you want?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank drjackiefish
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed my time at the Westfields Marriott...the staff were excellent, attentive, and very helpful. The food in the restaurant was very good, and the overall facilities were superb. Where things didn't go so well was in the actual room where I stayed. The bed was not comfortable and the fitted sheet did not fit the mattress, so I had to fight all night just to keep the sheets on the bed. Furniture was a bit old and and the bathroom, though clean, also showed signs of age and wear. I had expected more based on the top rating that this hotel had earned from AAA.

The room service menu was extremely limited and restaurant staff were not able to prepare anything that was not directly on the menu.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but my expectations would not be for a hotel that earned a 4-diamond rating from AAA.

In terms of overall comfort in the Chantilly/Herndon Area, the World Center Marriott is a much better choice.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

If I could give this hotel a zero I would. It is 2 am in the morning and my family is awakened for the 3 rd time by drunk, loud hotel patrons. Not just one or two but dozens rooming the halls. I would not believe this if I did not experience myself. The night manager Daniel apologizes. We suggest after 4 calls to front desk that they move the drunk, loud ones on our hallway. No they will not do this. Instead we have to change rooms at 2 am having not slept a wink ! Husband carrying sleeping kids through hotel trying to find some quiet area to sleep. More very loud drunk people in lobby. Manger Daniel says this happens year round, weekly due to " work parties". I ask him why they are not equipped to handle the fall out from these parties and why my poor rule obeying family have to be the ones to pack up our things and move on. He shrugs.

Room Tip: All rooms and management are to satisfy the loud, drunk party goers. I think numerous groups of peop...
1  Thank Jul2020
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a large family function that took place in one of the hotel ballrooms. We found the hotel to be well kept and clean, and the staff were helpful and friendly. This hotel is popular for wedding receptions and business meetings, and there can be a lot of traffic in the halls at night. The rooms were standard for a business hotel, a bit on the small side, but nicely furnished. The breakfast was another high point, with a large buffet with many hot choices, an omelet station with several cooks to make the line go fast, and a great selection of fruit, yogurt, and pastries.
I don't know if I will ever need to stay in Virginia again near Dulles Airport, but Westfields Marriott will be one of my top choices. Airport access is very easy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Only here for two night as we are having our sales kick off meeting, but this Marriott is beautiful all around. I happened to have a very spacious room with two queen size beds. Fairly decent size LCD television as well.

Bathroom was a very nice but perhaps a bit on the small side.Beds were very comfortable. Now, if the Hilton had these beds, they'd be fantastic. But this is a good business oriented hotel to stay in. Definitely has that feel.

Climate control within the room was not bad. As for the overall lighting available in the room, was sufficient, however, I tend to like rooms that are overkill on the light and you can just turn off the ones you don't need to be using.

Given that my stay was due to work circumstances than a vacation where I chose the hotel, my comments regarding food will be of little to no value, since it's not as if I am ordering in the hotel restaurant menu but instead eating selections from a pre-arranged menu.

I wish they had the 24 Hour menu that the Hilton Dublin had, that would have been great. But overall the staff were very helpful and attentive.

And, I apologize for having photos that show the room as it was when I arrived. Needless to say, it was immaculate before I got to it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South
Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
#6 of 21 in Fairfax

Been to Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles? Share your experiences!