WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles

Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Woodstock, Georgia
“Stayed here for a wedding nearby.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a pleasant stay. The room and bath was nice. We ate at the Pub and had a Maryland Crab Cake which is the only thing that we DIDN'T LIKE. Being from Maryland, I expected better. One would think Virginia would know how to make real Maryland Crab Cakes. Had the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and it was fine. All in all we enjoyed our stay. Didn't really request any service other than the bags taken to our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

A somewhat elegant Marriott property. Older, but well kept up. Property is densely forested centered in an area of major technology corporations. Food options are to eat at the hotel (which was good) or get in your car - nothing within walking distance. I'd definitely consider it again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed for a business symposium in the Westfields Marriott Hotel. The hotel is convenient located close to Dulles Airport ($25 by taxi) but is far away from Washington DC and anything else... You have to take a taxi (or rent a car) to go anywere. The staff is very helpfull and do their utmost to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast buffet is very nice with a cook who makes any style of eggs. As for the "business side"; wifi is throughout the hotel (standard rate is $12,95 per day, which is expensive, but apparently our host arranged for free Wifi). The snacks and lunch arranged during the symposium were very good. Rooms are nice and spacious. The Westfiels is a nice hotel to stay when you need to be close to Dulles but is also a nice hotel to have a symposium, if you want to stay in a hotel to visit DC get a hotel closer to Washington DC.

Room Tip: It is a huge hotel, ask for a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

As a treat to myself I booked a King room at the eloquent Westfields Marriott. I was delayed traveling through the Blueridge mountains for a six car wreck which had traffic a mess. I arrived at almost 11 p.m. The hotel is nestled in a beautiful grove of trees. I was immediately greeted by a bellman. Check in was great. I explained I needed to go back to park my car and was given a courtesy valet parking pass. Room service was about to end and I was told I could still order but would have to carry it myself. Their British pub was full of guest having fun. I took my glass of cabernet with me and returned for my awesome pastromi sandwich with fries. My room was so impressive as it's decor. Next morning I wanted to go check out the rest of the place but discovered I left my flat iron in my trunk. A call to the front desk and it was brought up for me in five minutes. Hair then perfect I was off for breakfast in the Palm Court. Opulence all around me I was seated and handed a menu. After placing my order I was told everything I wanted was on the brunch buffet and I could save money. I went for the brunch and the quality of choices were endless. I checked out the hotel store which had just what I needed and on the way back to my room I picked up two newspapers they give for free. The Washington Post & Wall Street Journal.The Westfields is my favorite Marriott property so far! Class, service, and friendly professional staff. Golf and horses nearby for the asking. I can't forget the private gazebo out back not to mention a courtesy late check out. I can't wait to return and soon!

Room Tip: The way the hotel is designed there are no bad view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Consistent and welcoming. Good food, well appointed rooms and top service. Gym could be bigger but equipment is new and of superior quality. Great for a group that needs to focus as it is in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a nice, clean hotel. The rooms are nice with decent amount of space for bags and moving around. The beds are comfortable and the air conditioner works well. The room had two separate sinks...one in the bathroom and one outside of the bathroom. The bathroom however was pretty small which made it difficult to move around. The shower had good water pressure and worked well.
The room also had a nice flat panel TV with a large variety of channels. The hotel offers wired and wireless internet, but they still feel the need to charge $12.95 to use it, which is ridiculous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cardiff, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Relaxed ambiance, very service orientated culture. The corridors felt a little unloved and the gym is a bit pokey for such a large hotel. The hotel is set well back off the road so is very peaceful so if you are looking for a good night's sleep this is a good bet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business