“What a great Deal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Williamsburg, Virginia
“What a great Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

We went to a Wine tasting at the Dulles Expo. I chose this hotel based on the reviews from this sight. What a great hotel. The property is beautiful The rooms are clean and plush the beds. WOW!!
We ordered room service . The food was very good. Better than I expected. The hotel has a very upscale feel. We got a wondeful rate through the Marriott web site. 99.00 I felt like I was taking advantage. If you are looking for a romantic weekend get away with your significant other. This is the place. You can check in and enjoy all of the ammenities. We did not feel like we needed to leave for anything. My husband said he felt rejuvinated and ready to take on another long week of work.

Great for a quick escape.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank AmericaninSicily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2007

I stayed at this hotel recently for a great weekend getaway. The options I looked at included The Ritz Carton hotels in the DC area (which were much more expensive) and hotels like the Mandarin Oriental in DC. The weekend rates were great, and it seemed like this hotel offered more of a weekend escape than the others. I can imagine for business travellers who do business within Washington, DC this hotel could be a bit far. However, for those who live in the DC area and want a nice weekend get away or for people doing business in the Dulles area (as far as Reston), this is a great hotel. Great service and value (weekend rates).

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank filmhero
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2007

I stayed here on a trip to DC and found that the hotel was way to far. It was a 30-40min trip to DC. But on the positive side the hotel was beautiful. Room service was excellent. Valet was equally as good. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I would certainly stay here again but not if I have to drive into DC.

• Stayed July 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank briny319
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2007

I spent five nights at Marriott Westfields in conjunction with a work conference. This property is isolated, which is good if you want your conference participants to focus on the work at hand. It's not so great if, like me, you get cabin fever and need to go somewhere a little less, let's say, tranquil. Our conference package included 3 full meals a day, buffet style, and the food was excellent. My room was quite comfortable, and the only finicky complaint I can lodge is that my in-room coffeemaker didn't work properly. As far as amenities, I didn't use the fitness center or any of the other recreational features. In line with my opening comment about the isolation, I couldn't get a copy of the Washington Post at this place. That was frustrating.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — Too isolated
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank PGarcia
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

I received far more than 50% off the normal hotel rate with Name Your Own Price on priceline. I was quite shocked that the price I named was accepted and thought I would have to keep trying, bumping it up $5 or $10 each time I tried.. Hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. Workout facilities were excellent...ten times the amount of equipment that I've ever seen at any hotel. There were indoor and out door pools as wells as tennis courts. It was very far from my conference in Reston, when you add in the traffic at 7:30am and 5:30pm. It took 45 minutes to go 13 miles. Also, the self-parking was quite far from where my actual room was. There is no continental breakfast and they charge 9.95/day for internet. There are a handful of restaurants that are within a couple minutes, but you have to ask the hotel staff for a map or you wouldn't have found them. Would stay here again despite it being so far from my conference.

• Liked — Price from Name Your Own Price on Priceline, Workout facilities
  • Disliked — Location, parking very far from room...tough when carrying all your stuff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LizardPa
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2007

We won a Saturday night stay and Sunday brunch package at The Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia from a raffle drawing so it cost us practically nothing. We liked the hotel immediately because even though it is close to alot of attractions it seems more remote by the way they tucked it into a heavily treed area. Driving up along the tree lined driveway was like going to an old country estate in the woods. Even though there appeared to be quite alot of people staying at the hotel, it was very quiet in the morning so we were able to sleep in after a late night out. Since we live in the area we were tempted to not use the room, just go to the Sunday brunch but it was such an enjoyable experiance that we are glad we stayed there. It seemed like a mini vacation and we have made plans to do it again in the near future.

• Liked — Beautiful, spotless, friendly staff, quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaSuzy
Braselton, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2007

I stumbled upon a very cheap rate, $99, while searching for a hotel to stay at after flying into Dulles. It was well worth the 9 mile drive from the airport!

We got in very late and the gentleman at the front desk gave us wonderful directions over the phone to the hotel. He let us park in the valet area after arriving with no charge since it was so late in the evening. We did ask for a wake up call in the morning, which we never received. That was the only negative of our stay. Thankfully housekeeping was making the rounds up and down the hallway that roused us an hour before check-out. Note that there is no room service available after 1am.

The bed was by far the most comfortable I have slept in for weeks! It was huge and very, very, very comfy! The room was incredible. It was pretty big compared to most other Marriotts I have visited. There was a nice wet bar area (no mini bar), a huge wardrobe with a tv, drawers, etc, a nice couch, a desk, and big closet. The bathroom was customary, and had a vanity outside along with a sink in the bathroom.

The valet was a little bit nutty the next morning, but he added some character to our stay.

If I ever got a rate like this again, I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Liked — the comfortable bed
  • Disliked — failure of getting a requested wake-up call
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple