All reviewsbeautiful hotelconference centerwooded areatwo sinksself parkbusiness hotelindoor poolwashington dullesbed was comfortableparking lotthe entire staffminute driveair and space museumvaletweddingpropertylacy
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My family stayed at Westfield's for two days in May to attend a wedding. It was my third stay at the hotel and we always love Westfield's. The hotel rooms are clean and the beds are so comfortable. The pool area is very nice - there are two pools, one indoor pool and one outdoor pool. The Palm Restaurant is a wonderful dining experience, If you need something more casual, there is a pub that serves casual fare and the food and service there was wonderful as well. Can't wait to stay there again!!! Best place to stay in Northern Virginia.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This place is much nicer than many other standard Marriott hotels. My room had a closet that was accessible from the bedroom or by the entrance to the bath. It also had an additional sink outside of the bathroom ( which also had a sink) so if 2 people were here, no conflict for brushing your teeth. They don't have a concierge lounge but for those who get access normally get a free breakfast with made to order omelets, fresh fruit, vegetable frittatas, etc. Very nice place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here over the weekend for a wedding and had a very good room rate ($89/night). The hotels about 15-20 minutes from Dulles and in the middle of a large business park-like area (tech and aerospace office buildings, not loading docks) but you wouldn't know it because of all the trees and large setback from everything else. Has a very secluded feel.
As mentioned earlier, we were there for a wedding (one of three that weekend) so there were lots of wedding guests staying at the hotel. Predictably, there were alot of jovial discussions and loud talking up and down the hallway outside our room on the saturday morning of the weddings and our room door hardly muffled any of the noise. Sunday morning was much better as many more guests slept in and/or decided to be more courteous with their noise-making.
The exterior and interior of the hotel was very nice and the rooms well appointed. Valet parking was expensive and not needed unless you didnt want to walk the couple yards from the guest lot. There is a small/medium sized pool as well as a fairly good sized workout center downstairs.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a floor with fewer guests...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Booked this Hotel for Friday Stay May 20 ONLINE with AAA discount, Several of us did this from Various locations in Virginia & North Carolina . We had a good room , the Bed was a King size & had a Feather down Pad on Top of it , a pd liner them a sheet on top of that.. my wife checked.. there are NO BED BUGS :>)

Went to Ruth Chris for dinner & OMG the construction around this hotel to get back to Fairfax was god awful... even the GPS got lost in out Cadillac there was so much construction. This place is Way outta the way & Nothing near it within 5 miles or so. except the Golf Course & its own HIGH dollar $$$ restaurants... Brunch there is $55 per person.. not going to be eating there on Sunday morning...

Had to Valet Park Saturday night because someone was throwing a big party in one of the downstairs bars.. Valet Parking cost $22... More then what it cost to park in Georgetowne in DC... another rip off..
To top it off the reservation online system told us that if we had a Friday or Saturday night stay with a AA discount we would get Breakfast for $119 overnight stay. THey only make this claim ONLINE never do you get anything in your reservation confirmation which says this. THen the next day when I ask the front desk where do we go for our breakfast they say they know nothing about it.. The card left in your room offers you a Omlet for 16.00 if you leave the card on the door before 12 midnight.. That is Not a FREE BREAKFAST.. This is a RIPOFF Plain & SIMPLE - Marriott Hotels should be ASHAMED to offer one thing to their Guest on its website & then back away from saying it at the front desk or at Accounting when you inquire or at Guest services when you complain... they say unless you have it in print with your confirmation number we won't honor it.
Problem is their WEBSITE will NOT ALLOW you to print the Rate Rules.. It has been intentionally disabled. When you attempt to print it you cant.. Only theing you can do is copy & paste it to Wood then Print. Any Marriott employee can duplicate going to their ONLINE website & can see the RESERVATIONS process but they won't do that & wont offer to give you any reduction for your stay. Well that will be my last time doing this with their reservation system.. This is a RIPOFF & BAIT & SWITCH..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WoodinVa70
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Nice hotel, but I was really put off by the high cost of EVERYTHING. Thus, the hotel was not a good value at all. When a very simple breakfast is $18, one day of internet access is $13, it costs me $15 to run off a hard copy of a powerpoint presentation (ie one dollar per page), and a domestic bottle of beer is $7, I cannot enjoy a stay in a hotel like that. And it wasn't like I was getting some extraordinary level of service for these prices. Service was fine, but not anything special.

When I asked the front desk if they happened to have a charger for my Blackberry, he said he could RENT me one, I just shook my head and went to Target and BOUGHT a new charger.

At hotels half your price, I get free breakfast, free internet, free printing, free cookies, and there's a bottle of water waiting in my room with a note welcoming me to the hotel. Oh, and I get a fridge and a microwave. Here, I didn't even get a chocolate in my pillow!

I know that most of their guests are on the corporate and/or government dime and they just expense all this and don't really care what it costs and so this kind of feedback really isn't meaningful to most potential customers. But, that's my two cents. Nice quiet place, but I really felt gouged.

Oh, and there is nothing at all in walking distance for eating. So you either have to drive or lay big bucks to use their dining. Also, no shuttle from Dulles Airport even though they have Dulles in their name.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business