All reviewsbeautiful hotelconference centerwooded areatwo sinksself parkbusiness hotelindoor poolwashington dullesbed was comfortableparking lotthe entire staffminute driveair and space museumvaletweddingpropertylacy
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Nice hotel, but I was really put off by the high cost of EVERYTHING. Thus, the hotel was not a good value at all. When a very simple breakfast is $18, one day of internet access is $13, it costs me $15 to run off a hard copy of a powerpoint presentation (ie one dollar per page), and a domestic bottle of beer is $7, I cannot enjoy a stay in a hotel like that. And it wasn't like I was getting some extraordinary level of service for these prices. Service was fine, but not anything special.

When I asked the front desk if they happened to have a charger for my Blackberry, he said he could RENT me one, I just shook my head and went to Target and BOUGHT a new charger.

At hotels half your price, I get free breakfast, free internet, free printing, free cookies, and there's a bottle of water waiting in my room with a note welcoming me to the hotel. Oh, and I get a fridge and a microwave. Here, I didn't even get a chocolate in my pillow!

I know that most of their guests are on the corporate and/or government dime and they just expense all this and don't really care what it costs and so this kind of feedback really isn't meaningful to most potential customers. But, that's my two cents. Nice quiet place, but I really felt gouged.

Oh, and there is nothing at all in walking distance for eating. So you either have to drive or lay big bucks to use their dining. Also, no shuttle from Dulles Airport even though they have Dulles in their name.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RockyTop87
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Westfields Marriott is a very quiet and beautiful hotel. The hotel is located in a heavily wooded area not far, but far enough away from Dulles. We were able to access Mount Vernon as well as Bethesda quite easily during our stay with little to no traffic concerns. Plenty of dining options exist off Sully road. Hotel had a terrific indoor lap pool and an outdoor pool that had not yet opened. The walk to these areas was quite far and difficult to find...located downstairs and around many room corridors. I greatly appreciated the legitimate workout room (even though some of the TV's on the equipment and on the walls weren't working), as well as the huge men's locker room with two showers and a sauna which was fully stocked with supplies, towels and lockers. Very nice. The strange thing we noticed about Virginia based hotels around DC is that the hotels require life guards and thus most hotels have very limited pool hours...this hotel had hours 6AM to 10PM. I still find it funny that a lifeguard is necessary for a 3 foot deep pool, but that is government for you.

Public parking is quite a walk, especially if you are on the far side of the hotel. The hotel has valet parking for a free, but the public lot is quite far and twice we got caught in the rain during the long walk from the lot to the hotel. The room was standard size with nothing really special other than having two sinks: one in the bathroom and one across from the closet which actually had two doors on opposite sides of the closet. My issue was that the room had very poor ventilation. Outside temperature was only in the low 70's and the room really never cooled down the 3 days during our stay. At night, we had to open the window to get some cooler air in the room. The room had a thermostat on the wall which we set to 60. room temp really never fell beow upper 70's without window being opened which is quite hot at night. Beds were terrific and quite large. Internet was super-fast, but the addiitonal charge for internet for most guests should not occur.

Hotel has artwork and huge public areas throughout and is very elegant. Overall, very quiet. Hotel also had turn down service with chocolates.

Breakfast was difficult to locate and changed locations. Two elevators are required to get to the restaurant which was huge. Service again was very good. Second day, the public breakfast moved to a meeting room and the service wasn't as good and room difficult to locate. The reason was a mother's day brunch was being set-up in the main dining room for the afernoon which we found out to be priced at $70 per person plus tax and tip. Wow. Very expensive, but it looked very nice.

I would rate the hotel between 3 and 4 stars, but decided for the 3 due to the excessive walk from the car to the room as well as the poor air condition as well as having to go to the front desk for about 10 minutes at check-out to resolve a hotel billing error on the preliminary billing. It took quite a long time for two desk managers to figure out what to do.

Again, overall the hotel is very nice and quiet. Pool is very nice, whirlpool quite small and workout room tons of equipment. Restaurant very good service, but not as good breakfast in the dark meeting room. All employees were very nice and we enjoyed the numerous complimentary newspapers in the lobby which most Marriott's now seem to forget on weekends.

Room Tip: Get a room in the wing closer to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emsiess
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while in town on business due to the closeness to the facility he was visiting. The hotel is very very nice!! Downside......yes, I know its also a conference center but the parking could be much better. If you don't pay the high price for valet you have a hard time during the day finding a parking spot. I suggest they have guest parking for those who are actually staying in the hotel and a separate parking area for "visitors" of the conference. You also have to walk clear across the hotel to reach the pool/gym area which will get you a few looks if you are in your gym clothes. Sorry, I'm not going to carry my clothes down to the locker room just to change there when I'm walking down from my room. The rooms are very nice and the staff is super friendly also.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Classic hotel, great location, superb rooms, beautiful property, great gym.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stayed overnight for a wedding even though we don't live too far away. It is a beautiful facility and the wedding was lovely--food was decent. Room was done in a lovely manner.
We are Marriott Platinum and expected a warmer welcome than we received. I asked if we were upgraded and was told that all of those rooms were taken. We had made our reservations months ago. So we went to the 2nd floor thinking that was all that was available. We also have notated that we like to be far away from the elevator and ice machine. So our floor was filled with teenagers---many to a room We were near the ice machine and across from the laundry. I took a walk around the grounds and then went to the front desk and requested a room change. We were then put on the 4th floor which was virtually empty. Was not happy with the front desk initially but all was ok. Mr. Richard Poland the bellman was very helpful. In general, the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: Stand Your Ground.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple