“Bus Trip to Washington D C w/Govt Shut Down..SUCCESSFUL!”

Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

2 buses with WI residents to Washington, D C....with the US govt shutdown! We could not have
planned that at all. Our Hampton Inn stay for 4 nites was great; wonderful service,food,hospitality & comfy beds after touring all day. Personally, Hampton Inn or another Hilton property is our choice for all hotel stays...I find their service EXCEPTIONAL!!!!! The staff at this one was EXCEPTIONAL! We were very pleased our US Rep personally gave us a tour of the war memorials & a VIP tour of the capitol...which we did not think we would get to see except from
the street. When in theWashington, D C area I suggest the Hampton Inn at Washington Dulles
Airport. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Hampton Inn Dulles South. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided excellent service. That is always our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Dulles Airport area again sometime soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Everything was perfect from start to finish, I would highly recommend this location to my friends and family. The room was spotless, the service was top notch & just far enough away from the National Mall.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The people of this hotel are super. Fantastic customer service, good location and priced right for the area. This place is geared for the business traveler with close proximity to Dulles but outside of the flight path....quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a generator running outside
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is an old Hampton Inn. The bathroom is split with the sink on one side of the room and the shower/toilet on the other side. I am essentially shaving by the door into the hallway. The room has been otherwise updated and was clean. The elevators are beat up and dirty, the hallways need work too. Breakfast area has been remodeled to Hampton standard. There was nothing unacceptable about the hotel, but for the price I expected more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear 2millionandcounting,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay here at the Hampton Inn Chantilly. We always strive to exceed our guest's expectations. It looks as if there were a few bumps in the road with your last stay with us. I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience so that I can address your issues with our engineering team. We value continuously improving and appreciate your input. We look forward to welcoming you the next time you’re in the Chantilly area.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had flown 8 hours, and to have a nights rest before we drove home is important. I would recomend your your Hotel, to families and friends. You offered a great package for the price. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Professional staff at the hotel made me feel at home and my stay was peaceful...will definitely consider staying there in the future and will recommend it to other travelers. The hotel is relatively close to Dulles Airport and there are also several restaurants and areas to shop nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in mid-September and found staff to be friendly. Enjoyed their generous breakfast and room commodities. The shuttle bus service was also a good perk after a long trip.
The downside was how the booking took place. As I was charged a standard night’s stay without being informed or authorising it on my card at any stage, despite having paid online well in advance (even stating this on the Ts&Cs that payment would be made at the time of booking). It was even pointed out to me during checking in that I’d already prepaid it. So I’ve been charged just over double my original booking. So I’m hoping that their management team will be able to resolve this promptly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am happy that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that the hotel has to offer. We pride ourselves on delivering the best service possible to our guest. With regards to the overcharge on your credit card, I know we are currently trying to validate the charge and rectify that issue as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to Chantilly soon!