“good food, liked happy hour too” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alto Plaza

Alto Plaza
Ranked #43 of 107 Restaurants in Centreville
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Intersection of RT28 & RT29
Centreville, Virginia
“good food, liked happy hour too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was so confused when this place was being built - trying to figure out what it was going to be!

I have been happy with my food each of the several times I've been there. I consider it a little spendy- would go there to celebrate something, not just an ordinary meal. They also had some decent happy hour food specials.

• Visited December 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A great addition to the Centreville Scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love this place. It has brought the Latino flavor to Centreville !! Stays open very late on weekdays and especially late in the weekend (2AM ish) . 3 levels of dining - I hear it gets expensive as you keep moving up. I have only dined downstairs - they have tables, lounge, bar - grab a chair or a cozy booth or even the bar stool and service will be fast ! It is right off route 66 at the corner of Rt 28 and Rt 29 (Lee Hwy). Plenty of parking. The music is VERY loud . The food is not bad - you have latino food as well as burger etc. The atmosphere is what I like the most. It makes me feel young again !

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Reston, Virginia
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Bland shrimp appetizer, tough short ribs, flavorless guac, uninspiring menu. I will say the service was pretty good though, a very friendly waitress.

I still think the best (and this isn't saying much) Mexican in NOVA is Guapos. Cantina Mexicana in Crystal City is first rate but I don't consider Crystal City as NOVA - it is basically DC.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Warrenton, Virginia
“No one cares...Going downhill fast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I ate here in 2011 and the service and food was great. Fast forward to 2012 & 2013 - NOT GOOD. I was reading a bunch of reviews on Yelp and noticed the inconsistency with the service and food were at the top (my two complaints as well). Drinks not getting refilled and bland tasting food are the biggest beefs. I ordered the Chili Rellenos and it had no flavor. Bland, and the Poblano tasted funny - even with a slight smell. Very mushy, and you could tell it wasn't fresh. The rice was dried out too. The salsa and chips were good, but they don't serve plates with this when they bring it to your table. Because of the salsa being runny, it falls on the table - serve little plates!! Oddly, the waitress filled up my friends tea consistently, but not once filled my drink up. I asked for Tabasco, and it came nearly half way through my meal. There were only two tables in the whole place - hardly an excuse for this kind of service. This place is on a downward slope. No one cares, no management, no control. The person whose pockets are funding this place better wake up and reorganize their wait staff and chefs. I hate writing bad reviews, but this was disappointing. Wanna tip? Go a few blocks down the street to the COYOTE GRILL. The Chili Rellenos is to die for. Not too mention the rest of the food and the impeccable service my wife & I received.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank djinthefj
“Sunday Brunch Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Celebrated our first anniversary with brunch. Had a very nice time - good buffet selection - bacon very crispy and French toast flavorful and not soggy (hard to do when on a buffet in our opinion)! Make your own omelette bar also a highlight. Didn't think the $22 pp was too high for the selection and atmosphere, but maybe that's just us. If you're looking for cheap, go to ihop next door. Otherwise try Alto and get their early!