“Excellent Sushi in a Great enviornment”

Matsu Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent Sushi in a Great enviornment”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I admit to being worried when I moved out to Centreville - I was certain that all the food options would be chains and burger joints.

I was so pleased to find Matsu right in my neighborhood. I've dined there three times now and haven't been disappointed. The sushi is consistently fresh, they completely understand my special requests (none of that mayo-y schmear when I want something spicy and no cucumbers) and the price is very reasonable!

• Visited August 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Too Too Funky Rolls, and more...”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This modest Japanese restaurant is nestled in a suburban strip mall. We visited on a Thursday evening around 6:30pm without reservations and were immediately seated in the nearly full establishment. Inside the well-lit dining room there is ample room for a large party as well as intimacy for a couple.

The menu features a variety of Japanese fare - sushi, sashimi, tempura, salads, and several combination platters. Adult libations are limited to beer and wine. On our waitress's suggestion, we started with cold Ichiban and Sapporo beers accompanied by small hot sakis. Though unusual to me, the combination hit the mark. Our waitresses were very - almost overly - attentive during the ordering process, and made several passes to check on our meal. The Avocado Salad was deliciously topped with a sesame dressing that was near drinkable it was so tasty. The "Too Too Funky Roll" was the highlight of the meal - a crisped California roll stuffed with cream cheese, crab, and avocado topped with two deliciously creamy sauces. Our dinner sample platter featured buttery yellowtail, above-average tuna and salmon sushi, along with standard sashimi and a California roll. Overall, the presentations were wonderful - artistically pleasing and arranged just right on the custom curvaceous platters.

• Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome sushi, great service”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have eaten here many times and I have yet to have a bad meal. Ive been going to Matsu for at least 3 years and will keep going back as long as they are open. The staff is very polite and attentive, food is excellent..no complaints!

• Visited June 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Creative, Fresh, Delicious Sushi”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is our neighborhood gem! The sushi is always fresh, the service prompt and friendly. Their day specials are very creative. For the more experienced sushi eaters, they will accomodate off the menu requests. Ask the chef to recommend a few hand rolls-you will not regret!

• Visited May 2012
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Delicious sushi! I will return!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is a lovely little place with very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive (but not intrusive) service!! I dined alone and it was a great experience. The sushi is fresh and absolutely delicious. Plate presentation is pretty but not the most exciting ever (i.e., my little sushi joint in small town Ohio provides much prettier presentations.) I can't wait to return to try more items on their menu!!
As an opportunity for improvement, they might want to expand their wine offerings just a bit.

• Visited April 2012