“Scary and fun Halloween activity”
Review of Cox Farms

Cox Farms
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Centreville
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We love Cox Farms during the Fall. It is a great place for families and young kids during the daytime. It gets scary in the evenings for your teenagers. We love the haunted houses and tons of activities. There are lots of slides, who doesn't love slides? We go every year. There are great eats and a wonderful market to bring home some of their homemade goodness. This is a local must do.

All reviews
"purchase tickets"
"food stands"
"lots of fun"

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Such a great place to take the kids and get some outdoors time. The holiday events are always something special! Love it.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

I've been a Cox Farm's customer since 1979. 39 years later, and my family and friends STILL reminisce about the fall hayrides we'd go on, complete with pie, cider, and a huge bonfire! Picked my first raspberries there. I've taken classes to the pumpkin patch on field trips. What a great place!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Kid and big kid and adult friendly. Its a good time!
Family fun for all ages. Love the market. They have pies and canned goods.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 9, 2017

The farm is a favorite fall activity for our family. We usually go there for my husband's October birthday so our 3 year old can 'celebrate' with him. While there this year, we had the inspiration to host her November birthday party there. Genius. You don't get a discount on admissions, so we opted to pre-pay 2 admissions per invited child (one for the child, and one for the chaperone). The farm is its own entertainment (bonus tip: go on a free group hayride for a special treat) so we just brought tablecloths, cupcakes, cookies, other snacks, and good cheer.

There are some live animals (but not many) and lots of slides, a maze, a musical stage, great apple cider donuts, roasted pumpkin seeds, kettle corn... All the things you love about fall.

I only gave this place 4 stars because I feel like there should be a little more to do. Maybe more farm animals or something.

Bonus tip: They hire teens as young as 14 (I think). This was my teenager's first job and he had a wonderful experience working here.

Bonus tip #2: purchase tickets online to skip the ridiculous line. It's definitely worth it.