“Always something fun on the farm!”
Review of Cox Farms

Cox Farms
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Centreville
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Such a great place to take the kids and get some outdoors time. The holiday events are always something special! Love it.

All reviews
"purchase tickets"
"food stands"
"lots of fun"

Reviewed February 12, 2018

I've been a Cox Farm's customer since 1979. 39 years later, and my family and friends STILL reminisce about the fall hayrides we'd go on, complete with pie, cider, and a huge bonfire! Picked my first raspberries there. I've taken classes to the pumpkin patch on field trips. What a great place!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Kid and big kid and adult friendly. Its a good time!
Family fun for all ages. Love the market. They have pies and canned goods.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

The farm is a favorite fall activity for our family. We usually go there for my husband's October birthday so our 3 year old can 'celebrate' with him. While there this year, we had the inspiration to host her November birthday party there. Genius. You don't get a discount on admissions, so we opted to pre-pay 2 admissions per invited child (one for the child, and one for the chaperone). The farm is its own entertainment (bonus tip: go on a free group hayride for a special treat) so we just brought tablecloths, cupcakes, cookies, other snacks, and good cheer.

There are some live animals (but not many) and lots of slides, a maze, a musical stage, great apple cider donuts, roasted pumpkin seeds, kettle corn... All the things you love about fall.

I only gave this place 4 stars because I feel like there should be a little more to do. Maybe more farm animals or something.

Bonus tip: They hire teens as young as 14 (I think). This was my teenager's first job and he had a wonderful experience working here.

Bonus tip #2: purchase tickets online to skip the ridiculous line. It's definitely worth it.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Three of us adults and three kids (ages 4, 6, and 7) went on a Saturday at the end of October and had a blast. The festival was really well-run, and the value was tremendous. A $15 ticket (per person) permitted unlimited access to all of the activities, which included slides galore (of various lengths and "thrill levels"), rope swings, a corn maze, a hay ride, a "forest maze" (not sure how to explain it, but I guess it was kind of like a corn maze in the woods), a goat petting and feeding area (though goat food was $1), and probably more that I'm forgetting about. We also each got to pick a decent-sized pumpkin on our way out.

We spent about five hours there, and the kids loved every second of it. We adults had a great time as well. The hay ride was particularly impressive, though none of us adults had ever been on a hay ride before, so maybe they're all that well-done (or maybe some are better, I don't know).

The reviewer a few down from me who complained about the food being expensive, I'd have to disagree. It was what we were expecting for that kind of place: $2.75 for a hot dog, $6 or $8 for a massive bag of kettlecorn... We just brought our own power bars and water bottles, so we were set.

I highly recommend taking your kids, grandkids, nieces and/or nephews here, as it's an easy and affordable way to entertain little ones all day--and it was even fun for us adults.