“Upscale Casual”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Upscale Casual”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I like this chain--especially Mikes and Sweetwater--for their menu selection and their good service. This visit was no exception. Ordered the steak on this occasion and it was cooked perfectly to order. Service was excellent. Atmosphere here is always fun.

Visited May 2014

Bristow, Virginia
“the Model of Consistency”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I've been eating at this Sweetwater for the past 15 years, can't believe I've never reviewed it here. The service is always outstanding, and the food is always very good.

Cons first: I do wish they'd switch up the menu a little bit, I think its been the same for the past decade at least. Lots of quality on there but I've had it all!! Also, other than the pumpkin beer I haven't found anything worth taking a growler home. I always try whatever they have on tap but am mostly disappointed. Also, this is no good for big groups, I think after 6 you pretty much have to take 2 tables next to each other.

I really enjoy the chicken tenders, and no I'm not a little kid. Quality white meat chicken, not overbreaded, great honey mustard to dip. Shoestring fries are also great and always crisp.

I've grown up a bit over the years and now often get the Monteray Salad, which has those chicken tenders mentioned above on a bed of lettuce with avocado, corn, tomato, tortillas, cranberries, and spiced pecans. I sub out the ranch dressing for the honey mustard.

I also reccomend the lobster bisque (when available), short smoked salmon (really good dijon cream sauce), and pork chop. Although we rarely have room for dessert I love the Warm Flourless Chocolate Waffle with a scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream.

• Visited May 2014
“Great service”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, call in to make reservation and skip the waiting. The manager stopped by to offer us free dessert. Get the crab cakes!

Washington
“Centreville-Sweetwater”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This reastaruant is always busy and always packed for a reason. The reason is the food is great and the beer which they brew on site is also great. They have growlers and you can take this wonderful beer home for a decent price. They have two bars and because they have heaters and a clear cover on the outside bar it is open year round, but the summer is when its open air if you will and alot of people venture to this location. The two best things there in my opinion are the Fajitas and the rolls they give you before dinner. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited February 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Consistent food and Service”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Convenient location, great parking and consistent food and service. You can't go wrong! This restaurant group knows how to please - the food is always fresh, the staff is always pleasant and accommodating and the place is clean. Nothing will be outrageous or "new" but if you want sold, comfy food in a fun and vibrant atmosphere - c'mon down!

• Visited September 2013