“One of the better beer-focused chains around.”
Review of Sweetwater Tavern

Sweetwater Tavern
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sweetwater makes good beers, which are complemented by a nice menu. The salmon salad is amazing. My only wish is that they offered more vegetarian choices. The staff are friendly and this location is always packed on Friday nights, which is when we usually go. This is one of the few chain restaurants I enjoy, and would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I love going to Sweetwater Tavern, it is a go-to place for a special treat! We love all of the Great American Restaurant locations but this one is probably our favorite. Service here is always excellent, they have a very interesting system where many different servers will help clear table, bring drinks, etc. even though you will have one main server. The bread that they bring to the table is delicious! It usually includes an assortment of hot rolls, cinnamon raisin bread, and a spicy jalapeno bread along with butter. Everything I have tried on the menu is good, my husband and I love to share the fajitas. One thing to be aware of is long wait times, this restaurant is almost always packed! They do not take reservations but offer call ahead seating, I highly recommend this! Being a tavern, the drinks here are always good! I highly recommend ordering a sampler of their beer varieties before ordering a full glass, its a great way to try many different ones.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I was near Centreville, colleagues took me to this restaurant. As I am a Dutch resident, I do not have a lot of reference material about American restaurants. What I really liked was the choice of american beers and ales. We took the Drunken Rib Eye. It was drowned in one of the lagers. It was delicious! I went back the last night to have another one.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The food is okay but the noise level is awful. We could barely hear each other. We both order salads and they were okay but not worth the trip.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I struggled with giving this one a rating-this was my second time here and both times the food was delicious!! I ordered the chicken pasta dish with andouille sausage for about $17.00 I asked for grated parmesan cheese and was told that would be an extra $1.00. The meal does not come with a salad and the portion size was not huge. However, the taste absolutely delicious so worth it. My son ordered some chicken cutlet with angel hair pasta and lemon type sauce. Looking at it, portion size small however again taste delicious! We also ordered tex mex rolls for appetizer however did not like them(I'm partial to the ones at Chili's). Bread was decent-they have a type of donut tasting roll which my son liked but my husband and I did not care for. The service was not the best. We had more waitstaff trying to clear our plates before we had a chance to finish and it did start to get annoying. Funny thing is that once table cleared, no one came back to us to offer coffee, dessert, or check for 10 minutes or more. We then found it hard to find our waiter or anyone to bring us our bill. Yet, food was delicious despite everything else so I had to give a rating of very good.