“Great drunken steaks, perfect beers”
Review of Sweetwater Tavern

Sweetwater Tavern
Ranked #2 of 113 Restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I was near Centreville, colleagues took me to this restaurant. As I am a Dutch resident, I do not have a lot of reference material about American restaurants. What I really liked was the choice of american beers and ales. We took the Drunken Rib Eye. It was drowned in one of the lagers. It was delicious! I went back the last night to have another one.

There are newer reviews for Sweetwater Tavern

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The food is okay but the noise level is awful. We could barely hear each other. We both order salads and they were okay but not worth the trip.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I struggled with giving this one a rating-this was my second time here and both times the food was delicious!! I ordered the chicken pasta dish with andouille sausage for about $17.00 I asked for grated parmesan cheese and was told that would be an extra $1.00. The meal does not come with a salad and the portion size was not huge. However, the taste absolutely delicious so worth it. My son ordered some chicken cutlet with angel hair pasta and lemon type sauce. Looking at it, portion size small however again taste delicious! We also ordered tex mex rolls for appetizer however did not like them(I'm partial to the ones at Chili's). Bread was decent-they have a type of donut tasting roll which my son liked but my husband and I did not care for. The service was not the best. We had more waitstaff trying to clear our plates before we had a chance to finish and it did start to get annoying. Funny thing is that once table cleared, no one came back to us to offer coffee, dessert, or check for 10 minutes or more. We then found it hard to find our waiter or anyone to bring us our bill. Yet, food was delicious despite everything else so I had to give a rating of very good.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We've always had great food and service in our earlier visits to Sweetwater. That is until now... We were seated right next to the servers station and were constantly distracted by a large group of servers trying to tally up their customer's tabs and some horseplay. When ordering, I asked my server how the prime rib entree was; he replied that he didn't know because he never saw it. I then asked him about the roast chicken entree and he replied again that he has no idea since he hadn't seen it. I went with the chicken thinking that it would be hard to mess up. He was training a new server which is a little scary since I expect a server responsible for training a new employee to have some idea of the menu and it's entrees. Presentation of my meal was sad because the chicken was lying on top of my mashed potatoes with a big bare area on my plate. My house salad came to me with some strange dressing that didn't agree with me that much, but I was afraid to ask our server in fear that he never saw a salad, so I decided not to push that issue. The drinks were refilled regularly which was nice, but overall...this experience is nothing I would write home about.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My friends and I met there today for lunch. We had a great time. The food was great. The best part was our waiter, Devin. He is very energetic, knowledgable about everything especially the beers and food. He repeatedly checked on us, brought us more bread, took a group photo for us, refills, etc. So I highly recommend asking the hostess to seat you at Devin (with an i as there are two Devan, Devin's there) section. You will be so glad you did!