“avoid this one”

Cross street: Route 29
northern virginia
“avoid this one”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When our waiter first approached our table he raved on and on about the excellent mojitos here. So I ordered one. He returned to inform me they weren't making mojitos that night. My friend and I each decided to get a glass of wine. Big mistake. Neither of us could even finish the wine because it was terrible. And the food? The food at Taco Bell is actually better than what we were served here.

Visited February 2013

Panama Province, Panama
“Excellent lunch and service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My daughter recently moved to Fairfax, so we paid her a visit and took her to lunch at Coyote Grill (we live an hour south of her with the "same old, same old" restaurants and chains). She had not been yet, and we all wanted to try something new. From our entrance into the restaurant choosing our booth, to the very friendly and attentive waitress, and lastly to the manager being available to greet us and make sure we had a good experience, our lunch was very good. We started with the chorizo queso, and I asked the waitress for salsa, also. The salsa is more picante in style (no chunky tomatoes, just a smooth liquid but tasty all the same), and the queso was hot and creamy (it might have been a bit too orange in color though--somewhat artificial appearing, but it was still yummy). The chorizo was broken up into crumbles which I was glad about since I was expecting large chunks. The waitress brought us out more chips ahead of when we needed them and our drinks were refilled often. I ordered the Cilantro Pesto Chicken and Baby Spinach salad. It was a large lunch salad (dinner size pretty much) and very, very good. It has pecans, cranberries, lots of spinach leaves, a good deal of boneless chicken (cut into chunks, not strips), goat cheese, tomatoes, and even sweet potatoes. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My daughter ordered the chicken chimichanga and my husband ordered the beef chimichanga. They are not fried, and they were more than happy with the healthier version. Both said they were very good and not too spicy.
I would definitely revisit this restaurant, the menu is extensive, and I would like to try the tapas. My daughter, being ten minutes away, will be going back, also.

• Visited September 2013
Bristow, Virginia
“Good food and service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Restaurant is located in a big strip center but do not stop you from going. Nice décor and attentive service (ok we had to remind our waiter to bring water). We sat out on the large patio. A little noisy with the street traffic but still enjoyable. Ok so you have to ask for the chips and salsa. The queso was very dark in color -- the teenagers liked it. I thought it was too thick and kinda weird tasting. My chicken burrito was huge and yummy. Husband loved his Carne Asada. They will do virgin margarita's on the rocks for the teenagers and had sweet raspberry ice tea. The manager even stopped by to be sure everything was ok. Nice fine and will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2013
Centreville, Virginia
“Great lunch specials”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We did go for lunch and the restaurant was not busy and the service was very attentive. They have great lunch specials - nice, big portions that include a soft drink, for $9.95++. The food was nice and fresh and my only comment is that there was no spice. So, you have to add salsa or hot sauce to everything to get any kind of zest or zip. The quesadillas have a really good cheese mix and the steak tacos were really nice - great flavor. The queso dip appetizer was good and the portion was excellent for the table. Nice little place, I would really rank it more of 3.5 than a 4, but it's not bad.

• Visited August 2013
Virginia
“Tasty dinner, friendly service in a relaxed setting”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had an excellent dinner. We weren't overly hungry and we decided to split several tapas dishes instead of getting entrees. We had: Southwest Egg Rolls, marinated steak, chicken skewers and a shrimp plate with tomato sauce and french bread. All four were very tasty but our favorite were the Southwest Egg Rolls. They were so good we thought about ordering another. We felt the prices ($6 - $8 each) were reasonable.

Our server was excellent. She was attentive, friendly and helpful. She was there when we needed her, without being intrusive, and we never felt rushed even though it was a Saturday evening.

The restaurant was nicely decorated and clean. Per another review, the place probably could handle some more tables but we appreciated that there was a decent amount of spacing between tables. It allowed us to have a conversation without feeling as though other diners were right on top of us.

Overall a really nice casual dinner. We look forward to returning.

• Visited July 2013