“Wow - you must eat here!”
Review of Coyote Grille - CLOSED

Coyote Grille
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 29
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I and our three sons were looking for something different, and we found it! The food was incredible! We had the steak and creamy corn tapas to start it out, and I could have eaten three servings of it - SOOO good. Our waitress, Ashleigh, was very professional and made sure all our needs were cared for - my water glass never went empty. My husband had the Coyote burger, and it was perfect. I had the Cowboy salad - YUM. My youngest had the cheese quesadilla, and said it was "the best." The fried ice cream tied it all up for dessert - no dissapointment to be found on this night. The atmosphere was inviting and the decor takes you to another place. The owner checked on us to make sure all was right. Great experience, great food - you will miss out if you don't give this place a try.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

the food was surprisingly bad at this hip-looking, new restaurant in Centreville. the appetizers tasted quickly thrown together with no care or quality assurance. underdone, and terrible tasting. won't go back.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've eaten here twice and it is fantastic! Gazpacho cucumber shots are cooool and the Chili Rellenos is to die for. Service is great and the top shelf Margaritas are tasty. 3 salsa appetizer is great too! Just to compare the same entree, I went down the street to Alto Plaza. NO COMPARISON! Old, bland, and no one cares there. Stick to Coyote Grill - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We tried out the Coyote Grill for the first time this weekend. Made reservations via Open Table for Sat night at 6:30 and requested a booth. It was very busy when we arrived and we had to wait about 15 minutes for a booth. The reception area is pretty poorly designed as there is essentially no place between the entry door and check in desk, or for people who are waiting to be seated.

Once seated the waitress came by in a few minutes to take our drink orders. It was a few minutes before she was able to get back with those, and awhile longer before she could bring some chips and salsa - but it was busy as I said. The chips were good, the salsa different from most I've had. While the taste was OK, it was not chunky and more like the consistency of tomato paste - not bad, just not the style I prefer.

My wife had the filet mignon special and I had a carnitas wrap - both were very good and came from the kitchen pretty quickly after we ordered. All the portions of the meals I saw seemed pretty large. I thought menu prices were very reasonable - around $8-$10 for salads and wraps, a bit more for the larger dishes.

The restaurant was nice inside (which I guess makes sense as it is pretty new) and is sort of split into 3 areas. Where you enter is the check in desk, then a wide area with a row of benches on each side with some small tables and chairs, and the bar area at the end of that area. Across a small dividing wall is another section with a bench and tables down one side, tables and chairs in the middle, and booths on the other side. Through a large doorway at the end of that area is another small seating area. It did seem quieter on the non-bar side, even though the whole place is open.

Thought the service was good, the food good and not too noisy. Overall a good place.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

They just opened the Centreville location and we have been there 2 times in one week. What a find this place is. Staff and food is excellent. The wait staff operates as a team so you never know who will come by and help out. They are all very professional and attentive. Nachos are very close to the best I have ever had. Had fajitas that were outstanding as well as just a plain old burger that was very good. This place looks like it has a great bar scene. A good list of drinks to include margaritas as well as tequila tasting menu. I'll be trying the special tequila tasting next time when I have a designated driver :-)

Kids enjoy the kid options and while the place looks more Asian from the outside than Southwest, don't pass up an opportunity to check it out. Our next stop is for brunch.