“Wonderful Food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sally station
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Indian Ocean is on point. You won't be disappointed. Great vegan selections and they cook without adding butter which boggles my mind.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Was on a business trips and ate here (once lunch buffet, once in the evening) and just awesome Indian food!!!

Good service, descent ambiance!!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had the tomato soup - I am waiting for another reason to return to Centreville, since I have not been able to get the delicious taste and texture out of my mind. I am not a person that typically likes tomato soup but this was amazing. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The owner came over and spent a considerable amount of time talking to each table. It appears that there are a lot of repeat customers. I know I will be one!!!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We've now eaten at Indian Ocean three times and can honestly say it is the best Indian food we've had anywhere we've lived and as retired military, that's a lot of places.

From their freshly made breads to their great desserts, this is truly a special restaurant. We've yet to experience any dish that wasn't excellent. Our appetizer on our most recent visit, the Khumb Lajawab was truly special with fresh ingredients and perfectly spiced. For the main dish my wife had the Aabe-Gosht Garam Masala a lamb curry with their own masala while I had the Tandoori Chicken. Both were perfectly spiced and beautifully presented. We had the lacha parata bread which is to die for and finished it all off with saffron sherbet.

If you're in Fairfax County you should go to this restaurant. The owner visits every table throughout the night making recommendations and explaining in great detail every dish. Just go, you will not regret it.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I don't even know where to begin but, I can tell you, fellow Yelpers, my husband and I have not been able to get our culinary experience here last week out of our minds and this too after several days of home made Indian food. This was one of the BEST Indian restaurants I've been to in my life, which I think is impressive considering I was born there and eat Indian food often. The food is Ayurvedic so it's healthier. They cook without ghee, they grind their own spices and make their own paneer, and their vegetables are local and organic. The chef is Indian and has been around forever and studied in France. Indian Ocean used to be in DC where it was very successful but the owner moved it to the Centreville to be closer to his family, which I mad respect. We were in such a hurry that night but were so pleased with the food that we had to talk to the owner and learn about the restaurant.

The food is not fusion but they have some really interesting and unique items. We got the flash friend spinach, the portabello mushroom app, the eggplant with cheese main dish, the rosemary parotha for the veggie options and my husband ate a few of the meat dishes. We did not regret getting so much because it was so good! The dishes were so flavorful and without needing all the cream and butter.

The service was great-fast, attentive, and pleasant and they were willing to work with the mere 30 minutes we had to eat,which we so appreciated since it was our wedding anniversary.

We will definitely be back to try everything and though we typically don't like to go so far out into the 'burbs, we believe Indian Ocean is totally worth the trip. I would go so far as to say it rivals Rasika except it's not as expensive.

We didn't go for the buffet but I know when we once returned to an amazing restaurant in NJ run by the Moghul Catering Company, we had the buffet and were disappointed. I just don't think you can make food great when serving in a buffet.

Enjoy it!!