“Great Wine and Informative Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Centreville
Clifton, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Wine and Informative Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I enjoyed an afternoon of wine tasting. An excellent view as well of the sun setting over the Blue Ridge mountains.

Visited December 2013
Melanie S, Marketing Associate at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your time here at TWABR and hope to see you back soon!

Manassas, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“There's nothing not to like”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

About a great atmosphere, friendly staff, intriguing wines and right in the heart of Civil War history~ My fave is the Norton, my man loves the Chardonnay, but no matter what you get, you'll enjoy your time here. Especially if you visit when the J&A duo is playing -- pure perfection!

(although, on sunny days, it can seem a bit like an annoying chuck e. cheese outing with kids running all over the place, in and out of table spaces -- even sometimes spilling wine!) Try to get into the 21 & Over space and be diligent about asking the staff to enforce the age limit! (okay, so there is something not to like)

Visited November 2013
Thank's for such a great review, Peggie! We are glad you enjoyed our Norton, we are very proud of it as well as it is a Virginia varietal! Did you see we have 3 acres of Norton growing on the property while you were here?
We have different musicians performing every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; you can check our events calendar and plan your next visit when the J&A duo is back!
Washimgton DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice local getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Close by but feels like you're in the country... Nice suburban getaway with friends or with family... bring your own food if you'd like. Be aware your car will be nice and dusty when you leave :)

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We are happy to be providing a local place to escape to and relax. Please do come back and visit us again soon!
Aldie, Virginia
“Dissappointing to say the least.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I brought a group of ladies 11 ladies to the winery as a customer appreciation event. As much as I tried to work with the winery ahead of time, I did not get the response I needed in order to properly coordinate the event. I arrived on the date of the event only to be treated as though it was a pain to deal with us. The woman working at one of the counters could barely bring herself to look up from her work each time I asked her a question.
My entire group participated in a wine tasting and we had food catered in for lunch(catered by one of the preferred listed caterers). We proceeded to eat our lunch on the outdoor patio.
I purchased 18 bottles of wine and numerous gifts prior to leaving the winery and was never offered a discount (which I now see posted on their website as 10%). I spent over $1500 that day and never even received as much as a "thank you for coming".
I was very disappointed in my experience, as were my guests, and I will not be returning to the Winery at Bull Run.

Visited October 2013
Jayme,

I'm sorry for your poor experience. I see from your reviews on Yelp that Jon looked to address your concerns. I hope that since then, you have been able able to join us again! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun Day Trip From DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had a few friends in from out of town and we went to Bull Run to do a day of wine tasting. When we arrived, we were informed that we could do the $12 wine tasting menu there or we could purchase a wine tasting card for 3 affliated places for $20. The passport didn't need to be used in one day - it was stamped at each venue and valid until all three had been visited. The locations were close enough together that doing all three in one day was very doable and enjoyable. I would definitely suggest the passport option. All three venues had friendly staff and a good selection of wine.

Visited September 2013
Melanie S, Marketing Associate at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you got to experience our winery and all that Northern Virginia has to offer. Hope to see you again soon! Cheers