“There's nothing not to like” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Centreville
Tucson, Arizona
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“There's nothing not to like”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

About a great atmosphere, friendly staff, intriguing wines and right in the heart of Civil War history~ My fave is the Norton, my man loves the Chardonnay, but no matter what you get, you'll enjoy your time here. Especially if you visit when the J&A duo is playing -- pure perfection!

(although, on sunny days, it can seem a bit like an annoying chuck e. cheese outing with kids running all over the place, in and out of table spaces -- even sometimes spilling wine!) Try to get into the 21 & Over space and be diligent about asking the staff to enforce the age limit! (okay, so there is something not to like)

Visited November 2013
Melanie S, Marketing Associate at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank's for such a great review, Peggie! We are glad you enjoyed our Norton, we are very proud of it as well as it is a Virginia varietal! Did you see we have 3 acres of Norton growing on the property while you were here?
We have different musicians performing every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; you can check our events calendar and plan your next visit when the J&A duo is back!

Washimgton DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice local getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Close by but feels like you're in the country... Nice suburban getaway with friends or with family... bring your own food if you'd like. Be aware your car will be nice and dusty when you leave :)

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We are happy to be providing a local place to escape to and relax. Please do come back and visit us again soon!
Aldie, Virginia
“Dissappointing to say the least.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I brought a group of ladies 11 ladies to the winery as a customer appreciation event. As much as I tried to work with the winery ahead of time, I did not get the response I needed in order to properly coordinate the event. I arrived on the date of the event only to be treated as though it was a pain to deal with us. The woman working at one of the counters could barely bring herself to look up from her work each time I asked her a question.
My entire group participated in a wine tasting and we had food catered in for lunch(catered by one of the preferred listed caterers). We proceeded to eat our lunch on the outdoor patio.
I purchased 18 bottles of wine and numerous gifts prior to leaving the winery and was never offered a discount (which I now see posted on their website as 10%). I spent over $1500 that day and never even received as much as a "thank you for coming".
I was very disappointed in my experience, as were my guests, and I will not be returning to the Winery at Bull Run.

Visited October 2013
Jayme,

I'm sorry for your poor experience. I see from your reviews on Yelp that Jon looked to address your concerns. I hope that since then, you have been able able to join us again! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun Day Trip From DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had a few friends in from out of town and we went to Bull Run to do a day of wine tasting. When we arrived, we were informed that we could do the $12 wine tasting menu there or we could purchase a wine tasting card for 3 affliated places for $20. The passport didn't need to be used in one day - it was stamped at each venue and valid until all three had been visited. The locations were close enough together that doing all three in one day was very doable and enjoyable. I would definitely suggest the passport option. All three venues had friendly staff and a good selection of wine.

Visited September 2013
Melanie S, Marketing Associate at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you got to experience our winery and all that Northern Virginia has to offer. Hope to see you again soon! Cheers
northern virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful place with not so great wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am in no way a wine expert~~but I know what I like. A friend of mine who is very knowledgeable about wine took me to Bull Run for a tasting. When our tasting was over we decided that there was not a wine worth buying a bottle of and opted to each have a glass while enjoying the beautiful and cozy atmosphere. Perhaps the wine here will improved~~this is a fairly new winery. Perhaps there is a delicious wine we did not taste. The woman who poured for us was very nice and well informed about each wine. It was so nice to sit by the fireplace on the comfy couch and chat with my friend. I would visit here again for the atmosphere alone. This is a perfect venue for a small, private event.

Visited December 2012
Thank you for your review. Glad to see that you enjoyed the service and atmosphere we were able to provide for you! We work hard to ensure great customer satisfaction in all facets of what we do here. Hope you come back again soon and find a wine you do enjoy! Please let us know if you do. Thank you