Open today: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful and near location

Perfect for the family and friends hanging out together! Nice staff and service but wine just ok... read more

Sang L
via mobile
delightful wine day

vivianr2009
Washington

All reviews wine tasting tasting room live music manassas national battlefield park beautiful location food truck civil war whites and reds picnic tables sit outside tasting fee favorite wine saturday afternoon bring your own virginia wine prosciutto the blue ridge mountains
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Perfect for the family and friends hanging out together!
Nice staff and service but wine just ok not really tasty!
Near by city so it is convenience for local neighbors!

TWABR, Manager at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Sang,

It means a lot to us that you had such an enjoyable experience with our staff. Our tasting menu is constantly rotating, so please don’t hesitate to come back to try new wines again soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I planned a day to go visit a couple wineries in Virginia, and from all the rave reviews, we decided to make Bull Run our first visit. Due to traffic, we were running a little behind, but I called, and the nice woman on the phone said that was OK. So, that was good.

When we did arrive at the winery, they seemed to have no idea we were coming. The woman at the door even insinuated that we didn't have a reservation. I informed her that I had called ahead, and she again questioned us being there because according to her they had not printed out the schedule for the day... which seems like poor planning on their part considering how busy it was. This is the main reason why I did not give four stars.

Luckily, she recovered well, but we did have to wait 10ish minutes until they could find someone to give us our tasting. To be fair, we were late, so I won't hold this against them. In the end, our tardiness allowed us to luck out and be in a completely private space where we could see the stainless steel wine drums and some wooden wine barrels which was pretty cool. We also had the wonderful Grace as our wine instructor. She was gem. Very knowledgeable and cool, and I felt like we actually learned something.

The wines themselves were pretty good too, but if I'm being honest, most of us were just there for the experience, not to expand our wine palate.

I wish we had allotted more time for a historic tour, because the grounds were beautiful and I would have loved to learn a little more and take in the lovely views.

Overall our experience was a good one, and would recommend a visit!

Hi Vivianr2009, we are so glad that the initial confusion ended up working out and that you had an enjoyable wine tasting with Grace. Thank you for recommending us, and we hope to see you again soon for a historic tour of the property!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I went on the haunted wine tour and were very excited to finally get tickets. We were very disappointed in the tour, it was basically a walk around the yard with a character dressed as a civil war solider. The "haunted stories" were average at best and there was nothing scary, creepy or spooky about it. We expected so much more from the winery. The grounds are beautiful and the wines are good and the tour could be so much more than what they offered and for the price of the tickets. Very disappointed.

Hi Trek28490360400 , We are very glad that you enjoyed the wines and the grounds. We are sorry to hear that the Haunted Wine Tours did not match your expectations. We are constantly looking for new ways to make the tour a memorable experience for everyone, so we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I ventured to this winery for a bachelorette get together on a Saturday night. We had a blast! The wine selection was fantastic, food trucks available, live band, dancing, plenty of clean restrooms. They had a section for families with kids. The views were beautiful. We all had 1-2 drinks, prices were reasonable. I highly recommend this winery for fun and good conversation.

TWABR, Manager at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi JCentreville,
We are so happy that you had a blast here! Bachelorette parties are always so fun and we're honored your group chose us to celebrate the bride-to-be! We look forward to seeing you again soon–cheers!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

On a cold drizzly fall day, while in Virginia for a wedding, I wanted to go to a museum. My wife wanted to go to a winery!

Bull Run left us both happy!

What a wonderful combination of Civil War history and wine tasting.
The $15 tasting includes 6 wines and a souvenir wine glass, although they’ll let you sample a few extra wines if you show an interest in buying.

The tasting room is filled with Civil War artifacts and the wine servers double as tour guides, so they’ll give you a bit of history too. I was enthralled. My wife loved the wine!

If you care to eat there, bread, cheeses, spreads are also available. They’re tasty, but a bit pricy at $10 each. Full bottles of wine run $25-$40. They ship all over if you want a case for home.

We had a magnificent afternoon. You will too.

Hi TVDad,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your tasting experience with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share such a thoughtful and detailed review! Looking forward to seeing you and your wife again soon–cheers!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I like the location and the historic background of Bull Run battlefield. The wines are good, and the live music adds a great touch. The only issue is that it can get very crowded both inside and outside and the designated children's are tends to become a bit noisy and raucous. The tours are a great addition to the wine experience and with Halloween coming up the ghost tours are a must.

TWABR, Manager at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed the live music and wine during your visit! It is busier here on the weekends—we recommend coming on a Friday night when there aren’t as many guests to enjoy the sunset on the lawn. Looking forward to seeing you back again soon–cheers!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The Winery at Bull Run is a beautiful winery. I decided to go on the historical tour and it was very informative. A lot of couples bring their picnics and enjoy wine. And there is also a section for families with children. It’s gets quite busy. All of the employees were very enthusiastic about the wine and were very professional.

TWABR, Manager at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Hi Fran, thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the Historical Tour and Tasting and the beautiful views of the winery. Looking forward to seeing you back again soon–cheers!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

I planned a winery tour for a group of about 15 friends and chose The Winery at Bull Run as one of the options. We appreciated the efficiency of our reservation process and also the support when we inquired about rainy weather accommodations.
Upon arrival we were ushered to the induction room where Erin conducted our tasting. I appreciated her flexibility with our group since we had some stragglers who had to start the tasting over. She smiled and poured despite the interruption. She also gave information on the wines that weren’t featured as some of the group wanted to purchase a different variety.
We concluded our time at the outdoor picnic benches and enjoyed the view of the rows of grapes, other parties having a good time, and the live music setting up.
Overall a great location to enjoy wine, a relaxed environment and each other.

TWABR, Manager at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Hi Roxanne, thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your group’s wine tasting and the view of our vineyard! Looking forward to seeing all of you back again soon–cheers!

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

This winery had a charming atmosphere and beautiful grounds. We were able to taste test our wine choices before purchasing. So nice to be accommodating. I have been to other wineries and would put this one at the top of my list.

1  Thank Patricia H
TWABR, Manager at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Hi Patricia, thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed tasting the wine! Looking forward to seeing you again soon-cheers!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Great place to spend a sunny spring or fall afternoon. Located just outside Centreville VA on the boarder between Fairfax County and Manassas Battlefield Park. We particularly enjoy going on the weekend when they often have live music and a food truck. All things considered, it can be a very fun afternoon with friends for a reasonable price (i.e. the wine you purchase and consume on property). However, from my personal perspective, the cost of the wine is higher than a local grocery store for the same quality/taste of wine.

2  Thank JohnC7780
TWABR, Manager at The Winery at Bull Run, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy spending time here on the weekends to listen to the live music! Looking forward to seeing you back again soon–cheers!