“Very Nice DC Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very Nice DC Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights on a trip to DC. Very nice breakfast area and mini shop. Rooms were clean and large. I would go back any time. It had a nice pool as well. Bathrooms were large and rooms had a futon

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

If DC is on your mind, give this a miss. It is approx 25 miles from DC and travel time is 1 hour ( in the Cherry Blossom weekend it took us more than an hour). The hotel is overall good..standard good rooms, spacious, clean and has complimentary Wi-Fi, microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast, though not a lavish spread, is good enough to start the day with. The front-desk guyz are definitely not the friendliest on Earth..was made to wait at the counter for 15 minutes as the receptionist was busy fidgeting with her mobile phone. Also, we booked way in advance for 2 rooms side by side but that was not paid attention to. They argued that since we booked through hotels.com ( and not directly through them), they were not aware of the request. Overall, it was a OK experience but would not go back for my next Cherry Blossom trip.

• 2 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at SpringHill Suites when visiting friends in Centreville VA. Upon our check-in the staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. We had a king suite which was a good size, very clean & comfortable room. We didn't spend anytime at the hotel, only used the room for a good comfortable nights sleep. They had a very nice free breakfast, but we ate at our friend's home for breakfast.

The only complaint was the parking of coach busses and a tractor trailer in the front front parking lot. This should not have been allowed by the staff. These very large vehicles should not have taken up many spaces in the front lots, but should have been made to park in the back parking lots. I do not require handicapped parking, but I saw many handicap spaces taken by cars without handicap plates/permits. I believe this was because the coach busses were parked in the front lot, so people chose to use handicap spaces rather than parking far away in the back parking lot. This was a failure on the part of the hotel management.

Overall the SpringHill Suites was a great value for the money. We will stay again on our next visit to the area.

1 Thank Gcloss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This was a typical Springhill suites Marriott. You get what you expected to get. Good breakfast, clean facilities, nice indoor pool, clean rooms, standard decorations, the staff was friendly and recognized by platinum membership which I appreciate. The room seemed a little bit small compared to some other Springhill suites that I've stayed in but this may have been because it was a king suite and not a two queen suite. i do recommend staying here if in the Chantilly Manassas area. You can walk across the street to some places to eat. And has good access to route 66.

• Stayed April 2013
Frederick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed one night, overall was a good hotel. Very friendly staff, and I was able to check in early on Saturday (12:30). Booked a king suite, room was a little on the small side as other reviewers have said, but for the price I thought it was perfectly adequate. Room was clean. Had to put the sheets on the sofa bed,as it was not made up. But, this at least assured that the sheets were clean. With the bed pulled out, it was very cramped if you had to leave the room or get to the kitchen area or computer desk.

I traveled with two small children, so of course we had to go to the pool. While it was open in the early afternoon, the water was too frigid to swim in. The lifeguard told us she had to drain the pool since it was nasty from the night before, and it takes a few hours to warm up. The same was the case for the whirlpool. The lifeguard did let us soak for a bit in the whirlpool since it was still warming up. We never had a chance to use the pool or whirlpool later that night.

Breakfast was decent too, with plenty of tables (bigger space than other hotels). So, overall it was satisfactory for a one-night trip.

Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a good price for a nice, clean place to stay in Northern Virginia (NOVA) but I was underwhelmed by my stay. Let me say first the hotel was clean and well-organised and the staff was polite and spoke English (it's NOVA, often they don't). They had a little store with snacks and travel-size medicines. The pool looked really nice though I did not swim. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are decent.

Now, some negatives. I had booked two rooms under two names on booking.com which said I would have no deposit and would pay during my stay. When I arrived both I and the other party travelling with us, who intended to pay for themselves, were told the room was pre-paid. I checked with my card and asked the front desk and found out both my original understanding and what we were told at check-in was inaccurate. A hold was made on my card for two rooms plus a security deposit. Why they wanted a $24 security deposit when you already give them your card for incidentals and there is no minibar is beyond me. I was told this was normal and was in case I damaged the room - though, of course, the fine for that would be much higher than $20-odd. It makes no sense. Anyway, we did sort through the billing issue, it just was an unnecessary diversion.

Other problems though - breakfast closes at 9am, which is ridiculously early and wholly unnecessary. The rooms were actually not very roomy, which was a surprise given it is a suite. There was a small amount of suite furniture on one side, half a wall separating it from the bedroom. The TV was in between and you had to tip it one way or the other to see it from the bed or the sofa (but it is not comfortable to watch from the bedroom). The bed or beds, depending on your room, take up virtually the entire floor space of the bedroom, which is not very comfortable.

So, it is a bit like a suite forced into the size of a regular American motel room.

So I recommend the hotel for road travellers who have to stop around NOVA and want a decent rate, but I do not recommend it specifically for those who value comfort.

• 2 of 5 stars
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice rooms.Kinda small for a family.Sometimes our playstation would work with the hdmi cable.
Overall nice hotel for the price we paid for the weekend.($56/night)
Liked the hot tub,pool and fitness room.

Room Tip: Well the rooms are relative small for a family of 4.Ok for 2 people.