“Great Italian Wine Bar & Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Centreville, Virginia
“Great Italian Wine Bar & Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good food, nice atmoshpere, and a wine bar! They offer several kinds of pizza with an authentic flavor and presentation. The menu offers a good variety and the food quality has been very consistent. You can also linger at the wine bar with a friend to pass the time. Nice to have in the neighborhood.

Visited September 2012

Alexandria, Virginia
“Very fast service - A little too fast.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I bought a living social deal for San Vito to try it out. We did make reservations for 7:00 pm on a Saturday night but it was not crowded so they really were not needed. The food tasted good. The reason I am giving them an average rating, not better is because they rushed all the food out. We had just recieved our appetizers and the salad came. Before we could finish the appetizers and salad the entree came. Now they were not busy so I did not see the rush. The chocolate mouse pie was fabulous. I would not recomment the crab appetizer. We are not sure but my husband ate that and I did not. It did not agree with him at all. The servers were very nice, the restaurant was clean and comfortable. The bread with pesto was also very good!

• Visited September 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“I'd like to give a 3.5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a great little neighborhood spot. The service is consistently friendly and the bread with pesto that they serve at your table gratis is out of this world!

My sweetie loves the Steak and Cheese on the lunch menu and I've always enjoyed the pastas. The food is fresh and plentiful.

My only complaint -- salt, salt and more salt. I can only assume that a) the chef doesn't taste the food/sauces on the specials before sending it out or b) he/she is a 3 pack a day smoker and they can't tell how oversalted the food is.

Otherwise I like the creativity, I love the convenience and I adore Wine Wednesdays!

• Visited August 2012
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Terrific little place -- I Will Definitely Return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had a wonderful dinner here! Great service too! And with half-price wine Wednesday, how can I complain? I cannot complain... I just have a few little nit-picks because I am persnickety. But that's for later. First, the raves: My waitress, Nicole, was extremely professional and knowledgeable; when I asked her an esoteric question, she went to find the answer. My wine selections (with help from Nicole) were perfect. My entree (Spaghetti Portovenere) was absolutely wonderful -- exactly what I needed this night. Portion: very generous; presentation: beautiful (I took a photo!); taste: Mmmm-mmmm comfort food - I licked my fingers. The atmosphere was quaint, lovely, and comfortable. Bread was served with a lovely olive oil - pesto - cheese dipping tray. The Caesar salad was properly dressed. Wow! This is the kind of place where I will return again and again.
To balance my review, because I like perfection, I have just a couple of suggestions for improvement. The bread I was served was rather stale. Owell -- I am glad in a way, because I saved room for all the better stuff to come. Also, while my Caesar salad was adorned with plenty of nice-looking homemade croutons, they did not taste good, nor did they have the right crunch. That may seem like a petty complaint; however, it's so easy to make really good croutons, especially when you have a plethora of stale bread, so this seemed like a silly mistake.
In summary, this was a terrific dinner experience, and I feel so lucky to have found this fabulous little place. I will definitely go back next chance I have! I pretty much agree with their website tag line: "For an authentic, yet casual Italian dining experience, a visit to one of our San Vito Restaurants is a must."

• Visited April 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is the third or fourth restaurant in this location and by far the best. The entrees rival the best in NYC and the appetizers are wonderful. Try the grilled calimari. It is an complete meal in itself. The warm bread presented with a plate of fresh pesto and parmesan fills you up so that you have to box half your entree. There is also a bar area with large TVs to catch your favorite team. The desserts leave a bit to be desired but who has room after the dinner.

• Visited April 2012