“small but packed with value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pho Aura Cafe

Pho Aura Cafe
Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Description: This is a great neighborhood restaurant that is about a year old. The owners young man whose name is Thuan Nguyen and the phone is 703.378.0049
Centreville, Virginia
“small but packed with value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Their Pho is wonderful, but don't miss the spring rolls or the lettuce wraps. My standard is the beef pho or the ga, along with about 3-4 rolls. The vermicelli stirfried with seafood is also a big hit with our famil.

Visited April 2012

Fairfax, VA
“It is okay but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I read some great reviews from other fellow reviewers and i decided to try this restaurant. I had a lunch with my two kids. We ordered pho noodle soup and spring rolls. The rolls were overcooked and was dark brown drenched with aging cooking oil. Yet they were not hot. They tasted as if they had been premade and left to cool down for a long time. The soup was way too sweet. The depth of the flavor was apparently not there. The meats were dry and overcooked. The noodles were preformed into a ball and the soup was supposed to loosen them but it took zome effort to do so. I prefer Pho bistro even though their broth quality has been dissapointing lately.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Too Authentic for my family's taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This restaurant is family owned and their main chef is the mother of the owner. My son and my husband were not to thrilled about the Pho since it had too much favor to it. The vent of the restaurant is poor, once you leave the restaurant you smell like food.

We only ate there once and hasn't been back.

Visited October 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Weird "steak" in vermicelli, but taste is good..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We just dined here tonight.. Service was good, our spring roll was good.. But our vermicelli (rice noodle) dish with steak was unlike I have had before.. The "steak" were thin slices of chargrilled "beef".. Taste was good, but the thin slices and marinate (lemongrass?) made the texture a bit strange..

Chantilly, VA
“Great ambiance and decor but why do they always overcook the noodles?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My wife lives for good noodle soups, which is why we eat at so many Korean and Vietnamese restaurants. In Northern Virginia, most pho restaurants are very spartan and definitely not something you would associate with finer dining. When I first walked into Pho Aura however, I was very impressed with the décor and relaxing ambiance. It has that upscale restaurant appeal yet the menu is quite reasonably priced. I really wanted to love this place.

Since we always order pho and summer rolls, I can’t comment on most of the menu. They did have an impressive selection of dishes though. The summer rolls were very good, but unfortunately the pho was consistently served with overcooked noodles. Soft and chewy is what I’m looking for but they just didn’t seem to have the right consistency, and once started breaking apart while using chopsticks.

I will probably return but may ask for the noodles to be cooked a little less.

• Visited November 2011