“Great tacos!”

Tippy's Taco House
Ranked #48 of 115 Restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great little taco place! A friend of mine at work and I usually pop in here for lunch (never been for dinner) and I think they have awesome tacos at a cheap price! Get the small trio dip appetizer too – perfect to share with two or three people (guac, cheese and salsa). My husband likes their burritos too. It is small inside, but often busy for lunch so clearly people love it. If you eat in – definitely make use of the spicy taco sauce on the tables, great kick, great flavor. My friend also picks up their tacos-to-go kit to bring home for dinner – while I have never had it – she said it is great and makes dinner a cinch!

2  Thank cms1012

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been going to this place since I was in high school and that was in the 80s. I got married and my husband and I moved. Now that we are back in the local area I told him we needed to go to this place - he fell in love. The food is good and simple and you won't leave feeling hungry. My husband now refuses to eat Tex Mex anywhere else! See ya later Don Pablos. No, this isn't really a restaurant, just a little hole in the wall joint with great food!

1  Thank vermonter16
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love the tacos. No ambiance in the restaurant. The service is friendly and they have great tacos for the price.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I love tippys, I have been going to all the Tippy's in the area for over 13 years (since I was in Middle School!) My friends and I still make a monthly, if not bi weekly get together (but I also go inbetween by myself). I now frequent just the Centreville location since thats where I live. The staff is always really nice and even remember me and my husband's order, which you dont get in most places : )

I have never had authentic Mexican food, so whether Tippy's is authentic or not I can not say, but I can say it is really good! Also, being a vegetarian I love that they can substitute almost any meat dish with their awesome refried beans. Their guacomole is the best I have ever had (and Ive had it everywhere!) and I love the hot sauce! And they use real, actually good tasting, cheese!

All of my meat eating friends/family love it too, so I would say the meat dishes are also awesome!

I have Tippys cravings now and must go at least a few times a month.

Tip: Get the big soda cup cause its only 70 cents to refill every trip after, and I know youll be going back, so get it!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I think we love this place not for the food but for the local feel of the restaurant. The woman who always takes our order is the nicest person we have ever met. She always knows our regular order along with everyone else who come into the restaurant. She really makes this place good. I truly like the food, particularly the enchiladas that come with gravy, but the rest of the family thinks the food is only okay. We typically get out of there for about 20 bucks for the four of us. So the value is excellent.