Review Highlights

Heaven on Earth

Reviewed August 11, 2018
Warren C
via mobile

All reviews bade pool poultice rooms body scrub red clay locker room ball room foot massage dry sauna pool area bubble tea dead skin strip mall health benefits felt great cold room common areas skin feels
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first visit to Spa World and I won’t be going back. Worst customer service of my life. Facilities are very clean either. Very poor experience.. charged $40 to get in and had to pay for each add-on.

4  Thank consumeradvocate1908
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Let me first say I'm no foreinger to Korean spas. I'm from NY and frequent many Korean spas in NY and NJ. Went to Korean spas in Dallas, Atlanta, LA, and the over 100 in korea.

I was little taken back when I walked into the showers and there was no one-time toothbrush and crappy diaposable razors - they had them locked up and were selling it for . 99 cents - ok whatever. They cost a nickle btw.

After an hour in the sauna my given shirt and shorts were soaked with sweat. I went to the front desk and ask for a dry one and they told me it would be $5. Really? It's like asking for a towel and they charge you for it. I've never had a problem anywhere else. My whole shirt was covered in sweat and you want to charge for a dry one - it is a sauna and you are going to sweat. Fine heres your $5

I'm was travelling for work lead me to Virginia and to this spa at 1045 pm, on the weekend the restaurant closes at 12am. At 12:37am I told the person I'll be back in thirty minutes, just going to go get a quick bite to eat and she tells once you go out you have to pay the full price to get back in. Hold on, it's $40 admission fee for 12 hours and the restaurant on premise is closed. What do you mean I have to get pay back in. I would have ordered at the restaurant if it's open. If you don't like it leave was their response, which I did. Never going back again and telling all my sauna going friends

1  Thank Guide14354795709
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've very rarely thought it necessary to rate a business this low; I wish there was a zero rating because this is what I would give this company. I received a gift that included a 30-minute massage from Spa World. I called and made the appointment, and the arrival time was confirmed before I hung up. When I arrived for the appointment, I was told I was late and that I would need to be rescheduled for another time much later that same day. I told the man at the counter that I did not live in the area and asked if there was a time sooner. He replied, "do want me to kick someone else out to put you in"?! Taken aback at this unprovoked response, I told him that was not what I was asking and inquired about rescheduling for another day and time. Taking no responsibility for the lack of proper communication on their part, he told me it would be a $25 reschedule fee. Not wanting to argue with him, I told him I would call back to reschedule. I reached out to my daughter who purchased the gift and when she called, the manager argued with her and told her to "fix her attitude". I'm not sure of the details of their discussion but it seems unlikely that both of us would have acted in any way to encourage the rude and discourteous responses received from individuals at this company. While I was there, I was told I was 40 minutes late, and my daughter was told I was 15 minutes late. It can't be both so obviously, instead of addressing what could have been a simple matter to address, they choose to distort the facts, adding to one of the worst customer service experience I've ever had. In the interest of full disclosure, I had a 10 am appointment, and it was 10:06 am when I was told I was 40 minutes late.
From other reviews, this company seems to have other issues they can address as it relates to their declining facilities so, at minimum, can make a quick and cheap fix of treating potential customers with respect.

3  Thank smcarm
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

The Clay Ball Poultice Room was out of service according to the sign because of maintenance issues. Several pressurized water jets were not functioning in the male bade pool. The issues brought my rating to average. It’s a great facility overall, but one expects everything to function when paying for services as they are advertised.

4  Thank Trail55621
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to Spa World since it opened. I’ve brought many friends and family (my dad, my teen daughter, my twin). I’ve done it all — the poultice rooms, reflexology, the scrub, the massages, the work out room, the bathing area. It’s been consistently wonderful. And bonus — the restaurant’s bibimbap is delicious.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

This was a girls trip and we had a great time. The spa is located in a strip mall and easy to spot from the road. We were greeted at the front desk and the staff was very polite. There were "people of size" in my group and they had sizes to accommodate everyone.

Suggestions/Comments to heighten your experience

Bring some socks if you don't like walking around bare feet. I don't like going into the bathroom without shoes so this is a big one for me.

If you are bashful, hen bring a beth size towel as they only have hand towels. You will quickly get over the nakedness as NO ONE is paying you any attention. People are there to relax and there are bodies of every size, shape, and color.

I also suggest you bring your own soap if you don't like using communal soap.

The place is spotless and smells clean and relaxing.

I went on a groupon and the massage was kind of bootleg. If you have ever had a massage before you will be left wanting. However, if you are using a Groupon, you get your money's worth.

If you don't do anything else, GET THE BODY SCRUB!! The ladies in their black bra and underwear are located in the pool area in cubicles. They call your number out (the number ob your key) and you go in and lay on the table. The attendant tied my hair in a towel and told me how to lay. Then she began scrubbing my body. BABYYYYY, I thought she was going to take a layer of skin off. After the first 5-7 minutes, I got used to it and relaxed. She scrubbed EVERY part of my body. After cleaning me, she threw a bucket of warm water on me to rinse me off. When done, she escorted me tot he shower and gave me some face wash and told me to wash. My skin felt like a new born baby and I was a shade lighter. I could not believe how much dead skin was on my body. It was worth the $55 bucks! I will be going back once a quarter to get a scrub.

After spending several hours in the pool and sauna, we got dressed and went to the relaxation rooms. Fair warning, you have to lay on the floor in all the rooms, so if you have trouble getting up off the floor, you have been warned. I suggest you bring a travel pillow to rest your head. They have something to rest your head on, but again, if you a particular, bring your own.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was really good and authentic.

The massage area is upstairs and was clean and you should be on time. They take your shirt off and start the massage. It is mainly focused on the back and you are not turned over. We all had our massages at the same time and in the same room. There was no pressure to tip from anyone, however, we did tip everyone.

There is an ATM in the building and outside. My new favorite spot and I wish it was closer. There was a great deal of diversity in the customers and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

After about 7 hours we departed and stopped next door at a Koren Bakery. Do yourself a favor and stop in. I was so relaxed when I left, I could hardly drive. Take an Uber if you can!

2  Thank Deb20748
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I scheduled massage appointments before visiting and my boyfriend was going first. I took him for a birthday gift and since all charges are put on keys I went to desk to make sure his was added to my key. The lady at the counter let me know that they had cancellations and to go ahead and get my massage now. That was great news and would mean my friend and I could enjoy the saunas together after. I had booked two 30 minutes massages and the lady insisted I go for a more expensive package. Once in the room the lady turned off the soothing music and rushed the entire “massage.” I was in and out in 15 minutes! My boyfriends lasted 25 minutes. I did not understand how with cancelations why they couldn’t take their time. I figured we were both scheduled with the same person and mine was cut short so she wouldn’t notice. Once my boyfriends massage was complete there was an issue with his key. This took 30 minutes to fix and the manager had to give him a new locker and was angry because the original locker he was given was locked for staff and my boyfriend had his shoes already inside (which shoes are to be locked away before entering the facility.) We let this all pass and went to enjoy the saunas which were over run by children. The only sauna we could actually relax in was the ice room. After an hour of trying to relax we decided to just take showers and go home. The male and female rooms are separate and the female rooms were out of towels so I text my boyfriend to let him know I was delayed. Unfortunalty, you have to check out before you can get access to the locker and his phone was inside. He waited for me in the lobby area and was given attitude by the gentleman at the desk. I was treating him and all charges were suppose to be on my key. Because he was getting kicked out of the lobby he paid the charges and went outside to wait for me. This venue was not worth the $300 + spent. The staff was rude, the outfits smelled really bad and the facilities were used more as a daycare. No child under 13 should be utilizing a sauna especially without parent supervision. A fancy spa cost less and you get much more for the expience.

8  Thank Kristen C
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

What a surprise!!! I wasn't expecting much. But was pleasantly surprised and happy that I spent my Saturday afternoon at this location. Overall experience was good and I'll definitely be returning for another visit. I'm very comfortable with being nude and love the concept of the mandatory nudity and small towels to ensure no one is covered. Saturday afternoons are very crowded. Also, I would suggest bring water and flip flops.

11  Thank Warren C
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Spa World is the perfect place to go to wash away stress. The no suit requirement in the bath house can be a culture shock if you've never been, but it's worth the experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Spent half a day at this amazing Spa. They have a really hot sauna and steam room! Probably the hottest in the country! Their cool down pools are also fab - it is quite large with many areas for jets/bubbles.
Worth noting that the sauna and hydro therapy areas are male and female segregated.
One is given a thin relaxing outfit (pj-like). After donning this, you can make your way to the common area with the Poultice Rooms - these are quite warm rooms with floors covered in warm clay balls (you might find it sweltering after 15-20 minutes).
There's also a cafeteria, however I didn't try anything. Much of the items include health protein bars, shakes, Korean snacks etc.
Overall worth coming despite not being very cheap.

4  Thank Steve Y