“4 Quick Tips to make your visit better”
Review of Spa World

Spa World
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Centreville
Reviewed October 12, 2012

4 Tips

1.)a big towel to keep in your locker. use it to dry yourself at the end of the day when you take your final shower and are about to put on your clothes for the ride home.Theirs are threadbare, smallish and gonna be wet after you've used it for this and that all day.

2. Read a ton of these reviews and you'll have your orientation before arriving since, yeah, its true, there ain't one once you get there.

3. Go solo. Bringing a same-gender friend means a whole day of avoiding looking at their such-and-such while talking. Also, I noticed that those who came with a friend did nothing but yammer on about work stuff or gossip stuff. That's no way to relax (or to allow those around you to relax) It is way better to go alone and just be centered and focus on the warmth of the water, the jets, your own random thoughts.

4. Go during an off time. I went today, a Thursday between 930 and 12pm and for most of the day there was only 1 other person in the "poultice rooms" with me and maybe five others in the bade pool.

5. Spend a lot of time. My 2.5 hours was not nearly enough. I could have gone for an extra 2.5 hours.

11  Thank PackLightAndGo

Reviewed October 3, 2012

SpaWorld -Centreville Va is a great mega Korean Spa/Bathhouse which offers a unique and relaxing experience. About the size of Giant grocery Store. Open 24 hours a day. $35 to use the all the facilities or $25 to use just the same sex bade pool/hot tubs/saunas/steam room. The communal area has a good korean restaurant, mats for yoga/meditate, lounge chairs, smoking room for men, and few poultice and ice rooms.

Very busy Saturday afternoons. Comparable to Ceasars Palace day spas. Has wifi/tvs/etc in the communal areas. Dont listen to the clueless people on here complaining about this place. These type of people complain about everything or were uninformed about what they were getting in to. The fact that you were yelling in a SPA lobby means your total classless person. If your uncomfortable being nude around same sex then why go to bathhouse. Additionally, the Spa World web site also states that there are no coed hot tube/bade pools. If you went for that purpose only you should have researched more instead of looking like a clueless fool.

3  Thank W0rldsGreatest
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went to Spa world when I visited my BFF in Virginia. This was the first time I had gone to a bathhouse.
We arrived at 6 pm on a Friday night and planned to spend a late late night there. When you enter the facility, you pay for your initial visit (25$ for the bade pools and 35$ for the bade pool and poultice rooms). We opted for both since like I said we were going to spend as late as we could stay (I read other reviews that you can spend the night but I think now they close around 1 am).
You are issued a key and you have a small locker in the entrance for your shoes. The same locker number in the change area for your clothes as you are issued a shirt and shorts for you to wear in the common areas.
There are two separate bade pools. One for the men and one for the women. Yes, you are in the nude. But after the initial shock over this, you will see that it’s no big deal as to the old saying “when I Rome…”. Actually it was weirder for me seeing the ladies who do the scrub/massage wearing just their bra and panties than if they were naked or in a t-shirt/shorts uniform set.

The bade pools are lovely. The jets are strong and hit all the right places if your muscles need some loosing up. I wouldn’t recommend sitting too long in the hot tubs as I think I did and started to feel a bit funny. We did reserve our spot for the a scrub ($50) and let me tell you, those ladies are awesome! I have paid for body scrubs at really posh spas back home and they did not do the job that these ladies did!! Yes, they really go deep and everywhere but it feels so lovely at the end and you will feel buttery soft. I just wish I didn’t cheap out and went one package up where you get the facial as well. They use mashed up cucumbers and it looked really fun.
As for the poultice rooms. They have a few different ones. Amethyst room, onyx room, salt room, cold room, etc. This is where I really thought I should have just paid the $25 for the bade pools and I cannot stand the intense dry heat from saunas and felt that it was a waste that I paid for this when I couldn’t use it. I did stay in the ice room for a bit but it was – cold. Sitting in the common area was a break from the pool and I had my phone with me as they have free wifi. I saw a few people with lap tops watching movies or just face booking.
At the end, you hand in your key, pay for any services you obtained inside the facilities (they have food as well), pay your tab and get your shoes.
If I am back in Virginia, I am going to defiantly go again to Spa World. The pools, common areas and change areas were all clean. I had a lot of fun and felt relaxed and refreshed at the end of the night. Next time, I am going to spend a bit more and enjoy a massage/facial as well as the scrub.
Tip – bring your own shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc for you shower. They do provide you with stuff but your own is your own. As well, if you have a travel hair dryer as theirs are not the best.

3  Thank greekmom99
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been visiting Spa World for about a year. The cleanliness has gone waaay downhill and... it finally reached the tipping point for me.

This week, when I was there the ladies bade pool water was visibly brown and frothy. An employee was actually standing in the pool with a bucket and skimming off the bubbly scuz. And guests were allowed to be in the pool water. Disgusting! Even worse, clearly management knew how bad it was because the chemical smell inside of the women's shower room made my eyes tear up.

I headed straight for the saunas to see if I couldn't salvage a little bit of justification for driving all the way out there. The red clay room had a very distinctive body odor. It was gross. I was done. I took a quick shower and wrapped up a very short visit.

When I checked out the lady asked how it was. There were other guests in the area, so when they left, I quietly mentioned that the pool was so dirty I didn't even want to get in it. I wanted to give the place a chance to offer me a rational reason for what happened and an opportunity to make it right. Instead, THE EMPLOYEE SAID TO ME, "Oh, that's gross! Yeah, it's really hard to hide when the water's dirty. Other stuff can be covered up a lot easier. Thanks for the heads up. I'll skip taking a shower in there today."

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ewwwww!

I came straight home and took another shower to rinse off and disinfect.

Never, ever again will I be revisiting...

12  Thank DCPressurecooker
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I saw a Groupon for this place, and it seemed new and different, and beautiful based on the website. So, my friend and I decided "why not."

The facilities are in fact very clean and nice, but much smaller than the website leads on. Still, nice, clean, but a totally out of body experience if you have never been in a Korean spa before. In some parts, nudity is required (but everyone really just keeps to themselves, its not weird of awkward). In other parts, its just sort of open and empty and people are lounding on yoga mats. Overall, the saunas and pultice rooms were the best part because they were all unique and different. But for the price, and skipping the naked part, was not really worth it. I am glad I got Groupon and did not pay full price. We explored, and left after an hour or two. The place is 24 hours, which is unique and cool (computers, sleep rooms/mats, food available), but was just not for us.

4  Thank Kimberly C