“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of tsunami

tsunami
Ranked #73 of 114 Restaurants in Centreville
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My gosh, never judge a book by it's cover. I almost didn't dine here because it looks so plain from outside. While the decor is not fantastic, my meal was. I ordered vegetable yaki udon at the recommendation of one of their guests and it was filling and delicious.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was very pleased with the service and menu. Easy access, authentic atmosphere and an overall pleasure.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The sushi just keeps on coming! Busy sushi/sashimi chefs behind the counter, a captivating array of food on display. A real deal of a buffet for $13.99 per person. And for the non-sushi customers, there is some cooked sushi and asian options like crispy chicken, chicken teriyaki and something like General Tzo's chicken, I forget the name. There is tempura and miso soup, too! All very very good. Lots of happy customers every time I've been there!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Not the biggest buffet out there, but at $13.99 the price can't be beat. The servers are good with staying on top of drinks.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

First, it's important to note that this restaurant isn't actually in Centreville. It's in Fairfax (the entire Fair Lakes Shopping Center is). That being said, it is pretty close to Centreville so is easily accessible from there.

The food here is very good and very consistent. It isn't necessarily the best of everything, but it is perfectly passable in pretty much every regard. The best deal is their lunch buffet as, otherwise, their prices can be a bit high (this is fairly consistent across all Japanese restaurants in the area though). They refresh most of the items on the buffet fairly frequently, so they are nice and fresh (especially the sushi, but also the tempura).

When we aren't having the buffet, our daughter (age 9) also really likes their tempura udon. My husband tends to get the beef curry, which is just like that we had in the curry and coffee houses in Japan.

The staff is always very friendly and helpful, even recommending when they don't think an item is good that day. This isn't the only Japanese restaurant where we eat in the area, but is probably the one were we go the most. And it's good every time.