“Living Social Class”

Seven Oaks Lavender Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Catlett
More attraction details
Owner description: The small lavender farm with a big heart! Seven Oaks Lavender Farm is a small family-owned and operated lavender farm in Catlett, Virginia. While we're not far from Washington DC, we can attest that life is better among the blossoms!
Warrenton, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Living Social Class”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I treated my mom to one of the livingsocial.com deals at Seven Oaks Lavender Farm. What a treat for a sleety mid-winters' birthday! We were welcomed into the super cute lavender farm shop, where the hostess, farm owner Deb, welcomed us with delicious lavender tea and lavender scented sweet treats. How ladylike! Then she put us to work, it is a farm after all. We made two bottles each of aromatherapeutic room spray with lavender oils, lavender sachets and 10" lavender wreaths! It's been several weeks and I am still enjoying the aroma of the lavender wreath that hangs over my bed. This was a very generous package, and despite the fact that the farm's many lavender bushes(?) are asleep for the winter, I can tell that I will want to visit this summer. Very very cute!

Visited December 2013
4 Thank KRHeats

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day in the lavender field”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The lavender farm is a great place to take a day trip, experience a local flower farm, and even do some hands on crafts and activities. Not only does the farm have pick your own stems and some baby animals for the children to enjoy, if you are able to attend one of the craft sessions, I would highly recommend it. You get to incorporate real stems of lavender into a variety of craft projects, which is a great activity to add to the events of the day. Also, the gift shop has an exceptional number of lavender products (including some things you would never even think of) to take home with you to remember your experience and keep enjoying the lovely scent of lavender for quite some time. The drive from DC is not bad, and a lovely scenic drive through the country!

1 Thank GlobalTraveler186
Deborah W, Owner at Seven Oaks Lavender Farm, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind words!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beautiful, relaxing day”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Quite a drive from near DC, but it was a beautiful drive through the countryside. We had a Living Social so had cheap admission with a bouquet to pick. Farm is very pretty with a lot of bushes of lavender, not really fields like in Provence. Great gift shop. We had a relaxing 4th so was worth it. Got lots of photos and would be fun to photograph your baby with the lavender.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write!
Manassas, VA
201 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Good family outting”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I love lavendar and have visited this farm two years in a row. Since I have visited both times with just my mother, we don't take advantage of the chance to bring a picnic or enjoy just sitting and relaxing, but it does seem so peaceful. Instead we tend to cut our stems, stop by the gift shop and go. This year, the gift shop seemed a little less exciting, but perhaps that is because I am still enjoying my lotion, wreath and sachets from last year, so I didn't need more of these.

To really get your money's worth, pack a picnic, bring the family, make a wreath with the lavendar and just enjoy your day. Don't show up, cut lavendar, shop and keep going like I did.

1 Thank TravelerTP
Thanks for your thoughts!
Lakeland, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice gift shop”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The day I happened to come across this place, a huge storm system was moving in and I did not have time to enjoy the lavender field. I did get to stop in the gift shop though, and it was very nice. Since I didn't go up to the field I didn't have to pay the $6 fee. I don't feel like I really missed out though, because the shop smelled wonderfully of lavender. There was a great variety of everything lavender and I was able to get some great items. I'm glad I stopped in, even if I didn't get the whole experience.

Visited June 2013
We do our best! Thanks for noticing!