“OK for a quick lunch”

AJ Gators
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Sports bar food. Only been there for lunch and with a buy one get one free coupon. We ordered from the specials menu, under $6, so it was a bargain. The food was OK, good enough that we go when we have a coupon.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have been going there on and off, The service is so so and the place is dirty. Today topped it off. with the manager sitting at the bar the bar maid andrea would not cash me out. finaly she said give me your credit card, then wouldn't give it back. finaly I left. I had to cancel my card because it was stolen. and I will be contacting my lawyer to see what else I can do. I'm all in favor of a joke but when you hold somone there and not let them go then won't give them thier card back. enough is enough.

4  Thank alsestis
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Yall are going to be in for a surprise when Tommy Pruitt opens his Night Club at the old South of The James location...

2  Thank MickeyCarrollton
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The only reason they get a star at all is because they have a decent beer selection....., but the food is horrible. We've been to other AJ Gators in the area and have had good food, but this isn't the case at the Carrollton location which I think suffers from management issues. We have now visited Gators in Carrollton 3 times. The first occasion was during their grand opening. We were limited on time and only ordered 2 appetizers (gator bites and a dozen wings) and 2 beers. The beer arrived promptly but the food took 25 minutes even though there was only 1 other table occupied in the restaurant. The gator bites arrived hot but the wings were almost room temperature and it was apparent that they had been done for some time and were probably sitting under a heat lamp in the kitchen. During the wait for the food, the waitress never checked on us or provided us with an update on the food. We would have gladly taken the wings as soon as they were ready and waited for the gator bites had we have been given the option by our server....Strike 1. On 9/12/2010 we arrived at Gators at 3:55pm to watch a 4pm NFL game. Even though several 1pm games were over, the staff did not update the televisions for the 4pm games until 4:20pm! Several screens were blank and it was mass confusion for the waitresses who were put in charge of changing the channels on the TVs. We ordered a dozen wings before halftime which were very good. Then we ordered a second dozen after halftime and they were grossly undercooked. Unfortunately for us, we tried them before noticing the raw meat and 50% of our group suffered from some sort of diarrhea during the next 2 hours.......Strike 2. On 9/26/2010 we gave it one more try as this is a convienent location for us to watch football games. There was still some confusion by the waitresses when they had to update the TVs for the 4pm games, but this time we only missed a few minutes of the first quarter. To stay away from anything that might cause digestive system distress, we opted to order the potato skins as an appetizer. They arrived 20 minutes later and once again the food was not hot and it apparently had been sitting in the kitchen for a while as the melted cheese had a noticeable crust on it. To add to the misery, the potatoes were undercooked as well......Strike 3! We finished our beer and left before halftime. I have many years of restaurant experience and have never had 3 consecutive bad experiences at the same restaurant location. There seems to be a lack of leadership and direction which would probably solve these issues. We will visit other Gators locations, but we will never go back to the one in Carrollton.....I recommend you don't either.

4  Thank gmcfox

Been to AJ Gators? Share your experiences!