“Walk in customers are as important as drive-thru”
Review of McDonald's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #19 of 29 Restaurants in Cape Charles
Cuisines: Fast Food
Canada
“Walk in customers are as important as drive-thru”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Newmarket, Ontario, David Dr & 404, 10:52am
Walked into a not-too-busy McD and waited 8 minutes to get a cup of coffee (no milk or sugar) ! how difficult is it to pour a cup of coffee!! They had no problem taking my money ka-ching and filling cold drink orders for others & and explaining that it would take a few minutes to toast, bake, fry, roast, boil, grill whatever, but my order for a cup of coffee was just pushed aside for naerly 8 minutes. Scurry, scurry, scurry to get the drive-throughs!
Some guy came in at the same time, visited the washroom and then placed his order and was served and I still didn't have my coffee!!
I was about to ask for my money back.
Then it was "Who ordered the coffee? who wanted a coffee?"
Yeah, it's a crappy minimum pay job. I should have ordered a Happy Meal.

• Visited September 2011

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Redefining fast food - as slow, and wrong...”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I agree with the previous reviewer. No comment on the food as it's mass-produced Mickey D's, which we were using as a quick calorie fill after a long day. However, the service in the "restaurant" here is so slow and the order was incorrect. The guy couldn't figure out that people might want 5 meals and totally forgot one order...

• Visited July 2011
New York City, New York
“go thru the drive-thru for better, faster service”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I can't comment on the food since it's the same as you will find at any other McDonald's. Either you like it or you don't. The service here is not the greatest. You'll do much better off going thru the drive-thru. They time how fast people get serviced in the drive-thru and try to get them out as fast as possible. I've eaten here a few times and have learned the hard way. You can spend up to 20 minutes inside just trying to get someone to take your order, make it correctly and get it. I'd recommend it if you're in the mood for McDonald's but there is nothing "fast" about it.