“Cool pub”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Wilmington, Delaware
“Cool pub”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I really liked this local pub. The decor was great and the bartender and patrons were friendly. We didn't eat because we had already been out for dinner but the locals say its great!

1 Thank Teresa C

Vail, Colorado
“Every town deserves a classic Irish Pub...”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

gene runs a great establishment with great food and something for everyone. Its in an old bank and one can even dine in the vault. there is usually music on the weekends and during the winter it might be the only restaurant open since the others tend to close during the off season. I like the food a lot there.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank YogaJack
“Didn't even make it to a table”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My family and I were looking for a nice spot for our family of 5. My children are ages 9, 6 and 2, so I wanted a kid friendly place. So when I entered the doors of the pub, I saw a cool bar so I was not completely sure it was a kid-friendly restaurant. I wanted to know before I took my kids in, that everyone would have a good experience, including the other customers. So I asked the hostess if the restaurant was kid-friendly. A older gentleman and employee of the pub walked by and in a very ugly voice said "we are as kid friendly as we can be." That is not where he stopped. He went over to a gentleman at the bar while I looked at the menu and spoke loudly to the gentleman about being a "kid-friendly" place and making snide comments about it. I was offended at the way I was treated! The food may be good but the way I was greeted and treated, I will never know. I should have gotten his name. I have worked as a waitress in the past and would have never treated or spoke to someone in that manner. Well, I wouldn't have spoken in that manner in an everyday situation, regardless of place!

2 Thank Dwdulaney
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
“Disappointing Pub”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Pub is in an old bank, which was a neat experience; however, the food was sub-par as was the service. The prices are also not what I would expect from a Pub, with the average dinner around $17 bucks or so. With limited options for dinner we got appetizers and split them - neither were great - bourbon glazed wings and nachos - sauce was straight out of a can, overly sweet goo and the nachos did not have salsa nor did the Pub have any... All in all the water with lemon was the best part of the meal.

1 Thank Sylvia C
Acworth, Georgia
“Had a fun time...”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We sat at the bar and had a great time. The drinks were great, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere. This was an old bank converted to a tavern. The food is supposedly excellent, but this was just a bar stop for us, on our way to dinner. Next time we visit Cape Charles, we will have a meal here.

• Visited August 2014