“A+”

The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Cape Charles
Description: In the heart of Virginia's Eastern Shore on Chesapeake Bay with all the natural beauty of the bay's lovely shoreline, The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery & waterfront restaurant serves the freshest and finest cuisine available. Our chefs seek and utilize quality local ingredients, adjust them seasonally, and prepare them tastefully to serve the best that Eastern Shore Virginia has to offer. Our waterfront restaurant provides spectacular views of Chesapeake Bay and its breathtaking sunsets. Our cuisine offers something to meet every dining mood. - Leisurely lunches on the beachfront deck - A casual stop at our Oyster Bar where local watermen provide freshly harvested Virginia shellfish - Relaxing cocktails with friends at our beautiful bar - Candlelit dinners with that special someone The Seafood Eatery is casual but elegant with a variety of fresh seafood, steaks and non-seafood dishes served by friendly staff that keeps locals from Northampton & Accomack Counties and visitors to the Tidewater area coming back time and again.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have visited the Oyster farm a handful of times over the past couple years and have always enjoyed our meals. We had an exceptional meal this past Friday. We decided to drive to Cape Charles rather than head north into Maryland which is our normal route being as we live 5 minutes from the state line. My wife started with a pineapple Moscow Mule from the specials list and thoroughly enjoyed it. I opted for a local pale ale on tap from the new Cape Charles Brewery, which was pretty good as well. We were both extremely hungry so we started off with the Thai Shrimp(lightly breaded large shrimp with a Asian slaw and tossed in a Thai chili sauce), Calamari ( crispy fried calamari , onion straws, and jalapeño topped with garlic aioli , spring onion, and served with marinara), and of course how can I go to a place with the name Oyster Farm and not get at least a half dozen local oyster on the half shell(Ruby Salts). All the appetizers were amazing and even though we’ve had all these before they were extra good this time. I am always pleasantly surprised when a place serves both tubes and tentacles with their calamari. Calamari can either be really good or really bad and this one is one of the better we’ve had recently. Did I mention earlier we were extremely hungry? For our main courses my wife ordered the Stuffed Salmon (stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, and feta cheese over couscous with broccolini) and after discussing a couple options with our waiter I went with his suggestions and ordered the Prime Rib (I chose the 16oz cut with zucchini and squash and mashed potatoes and served with horseradish cream sauce). Both of these items were from the specials menu and both were perfectly prepared. About 5 oz of the prime rib made it into my lunch the following day and thanks to my sever I had a nice cup of au jus and some horseradish cream sauce to accompany it. Somehow after all that we didn’t blow of our waiter’s suggestions of dessert and boy are we glad. We settled on the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake which as best I can describe was a combination of nice creamy cheesecake and cookie dough. Talk about crazy good, if it wasn’t made in house or at least homemade off site I would be very surprised. Our waiter was very good and was attentive without being smothering. I’m a little ashamed I can’t remember his name. Patty the manager also stopped by to make sure everything was going well and chatted with us for a few. All the staff was very attentive. Thankfully after the meal I had brought my jacket to conceal my food baby. I am in the business so I always like to compliment a job well done. We will be back soon.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Beautiful view, amazing staff, and delicious food. Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery never disappoints! This is a must if you visit the Eastern Shore.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2019

The Oyster Farm Eatery is a Cape Charles waterfront, upscale setting with excellent staff and menu options. If you like oysters, this place is a MUST! We are oyster aficionados and the raw oysters here are some of the best we've eaten, the fried oysters are delightful as well. Well worth the short ride off Rt. 13, especially at sunset!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 28, 2018

Went in on Thanksgiving 11/22/18. Instant friendly greeting! We were immediately seated in a comfortable, roomy & clean booth. Very relaxed atmosphere. Wonderful view! Nice soothing ambiance. Our waiter, was outstanding! He was very knowledgeable, efficient & attentive! Food was delicious! Everything was hot, fresh & cooked perfectly! Generous portions! Absolutely superb!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

Staying nearby for the holiday so we tried this place for dinner. Great service, ambiance, location, food and drinks.

Date of visit: November 2018