“Great visit”

The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Cape Charles
Description: In the heart of Virginia's Eastern Shore on Chesapeake Bay with all the natural beauty of the bay's lovely shoreline, The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery & waterfront restaurant serves the freshest and finest cuisine available. Our chefs seek and utilize quality local ingredients, adjust them seasonally, and prepare them tastefully to serve the best that Eastern Shore Virginia has to offer. Our waterfront restaurant provides spectacular views of Chesapeake Bay and its breathtaking sunsets. Our cuisine offers something to meet every dining mood. - Leisurely lunches on the beachfront deck - A casual stop at our Oyster Bar where local watermen provide freshly harvested Virginia shellfish - Relaxing cocktails with friends at our beautiful bar - Candlelit dinners with that special someone The Seafood Eatery is casual but elegant with a variety of fresh seafood, steaks and non-seafood dishes served by friendly staff that keeps locals from Northampton & Accomack Counties and visitors to the Tidewater area coming back time and again.
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I always enjoy this restaurant. Their dishes are fresh and inventive. Their service is professional and attentive. I do recommend reservations as there was a wait but with reservations we were able to bypass the line and come right in. Good folks, great foods and comfortable dining. Prob the best restaurant in Cape Charles and likely the best on the Eastern Shore.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

For the past few years my 82 year old mom and I have made our annual day trip to the Eastern Shore. The Eastern Shore offers a much slower pace lifestyle and for this reason when most people head south to Nags Head we head north toward the Eastern Shore. From Southside Hampton Roads the drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is a marvel in itself and the view on a beautiful day is spectacular. The idea of crossing the 23 mile Chesapeake Bay via wheels instead of a boat is really cool. Usually we stop at the visitor center that is positioned on one of the islands however it’s presently not open due to renovation. Once it opens again it is a must stop. There is a very long and impressive pier that you can fish off or just stroll down to see what is going on. You can watch the big ships float by and wave to them. It is just a fun little something to do thing. Once you veer from Route 13 onto 184 aka Stone Rd it is only a stone’s throw away until you enter the cute little town of Charles City. There you will find a different type of a pearl called “The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery”. “The Seafood Eatery” lies on a beautiful bay resort with quaint little houses of various pastel colors and sizes surrounding it. The area feels somewhat like the homes along a New Hampshire fishing village. A great view from the deck faces the Chesapeake Bay where you can admire the long line of oyster beds that adorn ‘Sandy Island’. Sturdy table and chairs with umbrellas line the deck which depending on the weather is protected from sun and wind. There is always something to watch while you are waiting for your meal. The staff was friendly, attentive and efficient and the food was reasonable in price in relationship to quality and quantity. I got scrumptious fish tacos topped w/coleslaw and a side of sweet potato fries, my mom ordered a lobster roll dish and her friend got a crab cake. Sweet potato fries were bedecked on all our plates. They were hot, crunchy and not greasy. We all enjoyed our meals. Additionally I rate restaurants on their restrooms which seemed to be well maintained. I like to think that if a restaurants’ bathrooms are maintained the kitchen is too. This restaurant and its location is a true pearl.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Order the she-crab soup. Its velvety texture and rich taste will enchant you. The oyster dishes are delicious. Ask for a table with a water view.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Our visit to Cape Charles included a reservation at The Oyster Farm. The deck has a beautiful view of the Chesapeake Bay. The weather was perfect and my husband and I enjoyed a delicious cocktail before dinner. Our waitress was friendly and took good care of us. My husband ordered the clam soup and the oyster entree. He loves seafood, and his dinner made him smile. I ordered the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese. It was amazing. It was cooked just right with big chunks of lobster in it. I would order that again.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

The place is right on the water, but not over the marina like we had been lead to believe. Service not great, our main course came before we got our appetizers, even though I had originally said I wanted to order main courses after we had our soups, waiter said no he had to take the entire order. The clam chowder had no clams, waiter just shrugged when I told him this. Also we order 2nd drinks and they came after we finished the meal. Would not go back

Date of visit: August 2018
Hope L, Manager at The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Hello, thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry to see that you were so displeased with the service provided to you. Customer service that is not provided to its full potential is unacceptable and will be addressed immediately! I would like to assure you that this is not a true representation of how we operate as a business and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.