Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles
Shore Stay Suites(Cape Charles)(Great Value!)
$106
$93
Sunset Beach Hotel & Beach Club(Cape Charles)(Great Value!)
$99
$51
TripAdvisor
Hotel Cape Charles(Cape Charles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewswilson roomat homemade us feelfront porchhomemade jamsget awaysoufflebed and breakfasteastern shoretheir beautiful homeold friendsmy husband and ibreakfast was deliciouscharming towngreat hostswrap around porchmaking reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles in early April with my boyfriend, sister, and two friends, and we all had the best B&B experience we have ever had.

Weeks before we even arrived, I knew our stay would be great thanks to Tammy and Jim's wonderful reservations service. She was warm, friendly, and genuinely interested in our trip along the Chesapeake Bay. Days before our stay, she made sure to inform us of a special event that would be taking place in Cape Charles so we could arrive on time.

Upon arriving, we were immediately taken aback at all of the wonderful and classy details of the house, both inside and out. The rooms are even more spectatular than they seem online. Little details, such as easily available bathrobes, home-made snacks in the kitchen, cute chocolates in the rooms, the softest towels I have ever used, made all the difference.

The brunch was deluctable, and Tammy and Jim were quick to accommodate our group's pesky food dislikes. The french toast was some of the best I have had, and Jim was wonderful enough to make his own turkey sausage for my sister, who does not eat pork.

We are all still talking about our great experience. Our only regret is that we did not stay long enough to enjoy the house and Tammy and Jim's hospitality and cooking a bit more. My boyfriend and I have stayed at various B&Bs throughout Virginia, and this - by far - has been our best experience. We are already recommending it to friends, and we hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Tammy H, Owner at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Raul, it was so wonderful to host you all at the Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles! Nothing better than having a full house of guests who have traveled together. It was my pleasure to alert you to the many wonderful and unique things happening in Cape Charles before your visit. I knew you wanted your sister and friends to get the most out of your short stay. Our personalized bathrobes await your next visit ;-)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

In my e-conversations with Tammy before our stay, I could already tell she was going to be a fun and cordial hostess. She and her husband Jim certainly lived up to those expectations, and our stay at the Bay Haven Inn was a great one. The inn is meticulously decorated and a short walk to lots of fun shops and diversions. Jim and Tammy are full of suggestions for places to eat and things to do. You can't go wrong with the Bay Haven Inn.

Room Tip: All three rooms are very nice. We stayed in the James WIlson room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy H, Owner at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thanks Jim and Carolyn, it was a joy to connect with folks from our old neck of the woods and share the love we have for Cape Charles. Look forward to your next escape to the shore! Special thanks to Carolyn for sharing her gluten free recipes and tips with us, it is our goal to meet all the needs of our guests...and sharing with someone with Carolyn's experience was invaluable to us! THANK YOU!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went to Cape Charles for a weekend of golf at Bay Creek, a spectacular 36 hole set up. I made reservations at Bay Haven Inn and am so glad I did. The Inn Keepers Tammy and Jim went out of their way to make sure that the tee times worked and they adjusted their breakfast set up to accommodate our early morning sojourn to Bay Creek. I am so glad that we stayed for breakfasts that were delicious and far beyond expectations. Three days of feasts. The room was just perfect and watching the NCAA in the living room and talking to Tammy and Jim was the best. Every aspect of my needs were taken care of thanks to the attentive ways of Bay Haven. I highly recommend this gem to one and all and the golf was equally great. Rob Peterson

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms and I stayed in the smallest of the three and it was wonderful. Quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Rob, it was such a pleasure hosting you and Bill our March Madness golfers! I was impressed with your ability to play 36 holes a day so I knew we needed to give you good "fuel" to do your best on the courses, so glad you enjoyed the breakfasts. Ending the day watching the NCAA March Madness games with you all was an added bonus for us! Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was my first trip to the eastern shore of Virginia, specifically Cape Charles. The major attraction was the two excellent golf courses designed by Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklas. One of the best surprises was our stay at the Bay Haven Inn. It was a fantastic lodging experience from the gourmet breakfasts to relaxing in the afternoon on a spacious porch with a glass of wine. Tammy and Jim were great hosts and made us feel very comfortable. This is a great option for golfers who plan to play a few rounds in the area. Tammy and Jim accommodated our tee schedule with starting the day fairly early in the kitchen. It is a great place for anyone who wants to enjoy the area and feel the genuine hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Bill, we are so happy you enjoyed your first visit to the eastern shore of Virginia! You all took advantage of the great food finds on the shore for sure...you enjoyed the great food and experience of Stingrays Restaurant, our local Kelly's pub and of course The Coach House Tavern on the 19th hole of the amazing signature golf courses! How did it feel to be playing on one of Mr Palmer's TOP TEN courses? We look forward to your return and are happy to accommodate early Tee-times as long as we do not have to caddy the course ;-) , whew 36 holes a day, you guys are amazing!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My fiance and I arrived to a genuine, warm welcome and enjoyed an overnight stay that left us refreshed and rejuvinated. Tammy and Jim are gracious and knowledgeable hosts who have created an inviting home full of luxurious details. We will certainly be back to experience true Southern hospitality at Bay Haven!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple