“Beautiful B&B”

Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles
Ranked #1 of 9 Cape Charles B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Lovely B&B full of charm and beautiful antiques. Tammy was a gracious host --- very attentive and helpful. Both Tammy and Jim made us feel right at home. The breakfast was wonderful...especially the coffee!!! We would highly recommend the Bay Haven Inn...definitely one of the best!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy H, Owner at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

It was such a joy to meet you Mary Lee and Michael! Sitting by the fire visiting like old friends was MY highlight of your visit! So glad you enjoyed our Bay Haven Inn personalized coffee brew. Our local friends at Eastern Shore Roasting Company guided us in developing our own blend which was a real treat! In fact, she just brought bags by for us to sell it to our customers! So upon your next visit you can take some home!

There are newer reviews for Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were not quite lost, and I had been unwell for a few days. Now we were driving through a strange land at night, with no accommodation booked or in sight... A chance turn off the main road led us to this B&B, and we stopped outside hoping they might have a room, anything, as long as it was warm and clean. As it turned out we were Jim and Tammy's first guests, they were opening the next day! And the rooms were nothing short of spectacular. But most importantly, the friendly hosts were more than helpful, they really took interest in their guests, and made us feel instantly at home and relaxed. The food is excellent, and Jim's European-style coffee on request hit the mark. This B&B was a real life-saver, and we'll be making Cape Charles a regular stop.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Bay Haven Inn proved to be a perfect overnight escape from life in DC! The Georgie Wilson room provided a cozy getaway. The Holloways' southern charm comes through in every part of this B&B experience. The breakfast, especially the sweet potato bisquits, provided a great start to the day. The town of Cape Charles is quaint with sophistication--who would expect a culinary boutique/tasting room with cooking oils?!?

Room Tip: All three guests room offer similar charm.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Bay Haven Inn, next time we will have to make sure you get to Drizzles to try out our olive oil and balsamic vinegar shop that hosts the tastings. Who knew there were so many different kinds of each...incredible!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

First of all I LOVE Cape Charles.....I head over as often as I can from Virginia Beach. I call it my $17 retreat....the toll is a small price to pay for the wonderfulness of small town living. As for the Bay Haven Inn...WOW is all I can say! I've been staying in B&Bs both in the US & Europe for almost 30 years. This place is AWESOME! Tammy & Jim have taken meticulous care to offer a little bit of heaven for a decent price. I had my adult children & their friends home for Christmas...they wanted to spend the night in Cape Charles so asked me to find a B&B. I kind of stumbled upon Bay Haven after attending a progressive dinner a month ago. As soon as I heard my homework assignment to locate a B&B, I knew I had it - Bay Haven. The place is beautifully but very cozily (important to me!) decorated. Tammy & Jim are fun, warm, informative & accomodating hosts. They are around when you need them but give you a lot of "space" too (which is really nice). Jim is retired Air Force....my son is newly in the Air Force (as are his friends who went over with us), so we had lots to talk about. Tammy is actually Martha Stewart in disguise...what she can do to a room is unbelievable. She is a master decorator!!! I am very envious of her abilities. I can't rate this place high enough....visit once & you will be back again & again. It feels like home (or the way you WANT home to feel like!)

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms available....2 bigger ones & 1 smaller one. The first big one has a wonderful...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Elisa,
It was our delight to host you and your family for your quick escape from Virginia Beach over the holidays! What delightful grown-up kids you have raised. It is always a treat to see you and we look forward to your next visit...you get the Alyce Wilson Room next time!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Jim and Tammy are gracious hosts who made my first visit to Cape Charles a memorable one. The Bay Haven Inn has been lovingly restored and provides a comfortable place to relax and unwind. Be sure to try the sweet potato biscuits served with breakfast, which are delicious. I would definitely recommend Cape Charles and the Bay Haven Inn to anyone looking for a quiet get-away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Bay Haven Inn is a very lovely B&B where you are made to feel like family. It is charming and the Innkeepers are most gracious. Cape Charles is a very lovely town on the Chesapeake Bay that offers a quiet restful stay in a B&B. I would not hesitate to recommend the Hay Haven B&B to spend your time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Terris,
Thank you for choosing the Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles while you were in town for business, it was our pleasure to make your work trip convenient and enjoyable. See you next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Charles
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Exmore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore
Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina

Been to Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles? Share your experiences!