“Go out of your way to get here!”

Brown Dog Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Cape Charles
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is some of the best ice cream we have eaten! Service was friendly and quick.....let us try whatever favors we wanted before making a choice which was not easy because they were all good! Atmosphere very cute with seats indoor and out. Nice place to stop to relax during road trip.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We got the blueberry and coffee flavors. Both were very good. Blueberry was rich and creamy with just the right amount of blueberry flavor - it wasn't fake and overpowering. Tiny blueberries were speckled throughout the scoops. The coffee ice cream was also very good and had ground up coffee beans mixed in, giving it a flavor similar to taking standard coffee ice cream and popping some chocolate covered espresso beans in your mouth at the same time. Recommended.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I never expect to see the phrase "Adults Only" in a sweet, small-town ice cream parlor, but I quickly realized that the homemade Limoncello Ice Cream offered here yesterday with that label was the real thing, not just a catchy name. And was that real lemon zest in the ice cream, too? There should be another name for the ice cream here - it's ambrosia on a hot day, for sure, and I'm not even an ice cream lover. Friendly folks serving make it a perfect stop. Will have to come back for the "Adults Only" Piña Colada when they have it!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Treat yourself to some awesome ice cream. The servings are huge and the flavors are delicious. Our kids loved the Pirate's Booty.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love to eat ice cream! I guess I am a boring ice cream eater, I only get Chocolate. Brown Dog had some of the best Ice cream I have ever had! I got the Ice cream sandwich, which is a fresh waffle with two scoops of ice cream in the middle>>>HEAVEN!!!