“Hidden jewel”
Review of The Shanty

The Shanty
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Cape Charles
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Shanty is the Eastern Shores premier destination for waterfront dining. Offering the freshest local seafood and produce on a daily basis, Spring, Summer and Fall. Take in a beautiful sunset over the Chesapeake Bay while enjoying delicious homemade crab cakes, Caribbean style tacos, or the daily fresh catch special with an ice cold draft. Full bar, live entertainment, harbor front outdoor seating, available dock space and creative daily specials made for and by people who are truly passionate about food and excellent service!
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Being from the shore I was looking for a place I had not ever been. The shanty came up in the search and I must say I am not disappointed!! Adria was an EXCELLENT server and the recommendations were delicious!! I had no idea this lil jewel was here!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Upon my arrival in Cape charles, the town was a buzz with the sound of The Shanty. Of course I had to see what all the chatter was about. From the time I entered the Shanty to the time I left the service was wonderful. It was quite busy being a Friday night so the hostess kindly pointed us in the direction of the bar,where the bartender Ryan kindly made delicious specialty drinks. Once our table was ready we had prompt service in spite of the crowd. Our server Ashley went out of her way to give us first class service and make us feel at home. The crab was delicious! And let's not forget the exquisite view of the sunset only feet from the water.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

we had dinner at the Shanty a few days ago and enjoyed the food and the service. I was lucky to get the first crabs of the season and they were delicious, so were the oysters and the clams my husband ordered. The young wait staff was friendly and we enjoyed speaking with them. And the sun was setting while we were having dinner...just perfect!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

When my husband and I arrived at 6:30 on Good Friday, we were told that there would be a 45 minute wait, even though we were the only customers waiting. We then spotted two stools at the bar and seated ourselves. 45 minutes after we ordered, with the manager brought our meals and apologized that there had been a kitchen fire. They could have offered us an appetizer or salad, but didn't. The fresh fish was tasty, but the service dampened the experience.

1  Thank KristinRS
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is the first time I have ever left a restaurant before I got my food. Both the the wait staff and manager were rude beyond belief. Unless you want to be treated badly, skip this one.

6  Thank Janice B