“Nice dinner”
Review of The Shanty

The Shanty
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Cape Charles
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Shanty is the Eastern Shores premier destination for waterfront dining. Offering the freshest local seafood and produce on a daily basis, Spring, Summer and Fall. Take in a beautiful sunset over the Chesapeake Bay while enjoying delicious homemade crab cakes, Caribbean style tacos, or the daily fresh catch special with an ice cold draft. Full bar, live entertainment, harbor front outdoor seating, available dock space and creative daily specials made for and by people who are truly passionate about food and excellent service!
Florida
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We recently ate at The Shanty while we were visiting Cape Charles. It was a nice meal. The service was very good and our dinner was fine. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the fish tacos which he said were great. My son had the fish and chips and he loved them. He wanted to go back again. We sat outside which was pleasant. I would eat there again if in the area.

• Hebrew first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great crab cake.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Charming place, casual and friendly. Good food, fun and good drinks. As the weather was awful, we especially enjoyed the friendly atmosphere at the Shanty.

Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Place!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

not sure one would be able to find this without stopping at the Visitor center across the Chesapeake bridge or a Garmin.
It was well worth it. The family loved the oysters even though they ran out and we took the last 6. They were hit the last 2 days and many items were sold out. We had the softshell crab sandwich and their topping dressing hit the spot. We also did the crabcake sandwich.
There were not many items for the kids menu. They should remember having pasta on the reserve would hit any kid spot.
The atmosphere was great to venture to where it was located and even with a drizzle of rain we ate outside to enjoy the bay view.

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Local's perspective”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have had lunch and dinner at The Shanty a few dozen times since they opened last year, and I always feel welcomed by the staff and well taken care of. I tend to order specials and fresh local seafood, and my meals have been splendid. I like the new chef and his team this year - some very inventive fare, and the new bar offerings (especially the herbal martinis) have been smashing. There's nothing like a great meal dockside, with a nice sunset. I interact with most of the folks who stay at the hotel in town, and their comments have invariably been positive, particularly parents who take the family there (the kids can play corn hole outside and run around). All in all, a fine contribution to the community.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Superior Seafood, Scenery and Service!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

On a seashore detour headed home weary from deep thought and self-improvement, I ventured with my travel companions to a place filled with merriment and wonder! The food was delicious: magnificent mussels, amazing oysters and a clam chowder like none you've ever tasted! We absolutely loved Adria's candor and wit. Her service was incredible and she is a Cape Charles native! She told us where to shop, some history of the town and even the story of the mayor, "Dumpster Diving Dora!" One of her frames is in our backseat now! A fantastic afternoon was enjoyed by all!