“A Period Place - So Relaxing!”

Cape Charles Coffee House
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Cape Charles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It was very tasty and very popular. Definitely worth listing.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had visited almost exactly 4 years previously and remembered it well. Atmosphere is excellent and the food superb, served by delightful staff. It is quite quaint and has a really relaxing feel. We were fed and wined/ice teaed to our complete satisfaction.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

On a recent trip, we stopped for lunch. It is a very popular spot-- many things were out for the day, which makes me think we would have enjoyed those things more than what we ordered. Service was wonderful-- the wait staff was friendly and efficient. The food was fresh, but just ok, really. My husband had an iced chai, which was delicious. Wish we would have saved room for dessert!

1  Thank e_young1023
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went for just a cup of coffee, but was not impressed. The coffee was fine, but nothing out of the ordinary, I would rate it as average. It was nice to grab a coffee to go and walk around, so it was good for that, but I would not come back to linger here.

I did not have food, so I cannot review about that. I was personally put off by the smart aleck attitude of the person we ordered from so I do not feel compelled to return and try the food.

In short, this review is a solid average because of the coffee and service.

3  Thank xebec01
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great way to start your day is at the Coffee House. The locals and tourist mix well at this little spot and creates a nice atmosphere. You can enjoy your breakfast outside or indoors. tables are close but that makes it better to chat with locals or other tourists. They can get real busy so have some patience. Good variety on the menu and the food was very good. We went there each morning!!! We did not dine with them for dinner but we did stop by one night to get a dessert. Delicious lemon coconut cake and they also sell Brown Dog Ice Cream!! Highly recommend!!!

1  Thank svcoates
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Four of us had a spectacular breakfast at the Cape Charles Coffee House. The owner was informative and attentive, and the food was delicious and beautiful. Service was a hair slow, but it was Sunday morning, and they were busy. Wonderful old building within an easy stroll of the town marina.