“Absolutely not for children at lunch!”

Cape Charles Coffee House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It was very tasty and very popular. Definitely worth listing.
Richmond, Virginia
“Absolutely not for children at lunch!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I hesitate to give this coffee shop even a one star. I went in there at 11:40am to have lunch with my 5 year old. I was given a several page menu and after I started to order the waitress (very moodily) told me that the breakfast menu was finished and I had to wait 20 minutes before I could order lunch! The only food that was available to me was a plate of 5 muffins. I went up to ask the manager/owner if he could accommodate me in someway even suggesting a cheese sandwich. The owner was rude and refused to accommodate me even suggesting that I was abusive! I left immediately as I do not go to a shop to be shouted at by the owner. So if you have a child DO NOT go to this establishment. And certainly do not go there between 11:20 and 12!

1 Thank Annwyn L

Odenton, Maryland
“Breakfast and coffee”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a cute little coffee shop - the only place we could find within walking distance in Cape Charles that offers breakfast. Typical diner-type breakfast options, the food was pretty good but nothing special. Loved the atmosphere though, I would definitely go back.

Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Now that's a cup of coffee”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wow what a great way to start your day. The coffee was oustanding and the food was delicicous. We spent a week in Cape Charles and 6 out of the 7 days we started with a trip to the coffee shop. The service is a bit slow but that seemed to be a tread all over town. Hey,,You're on vacation. What's your hurry. Although a little slow the girls were wonderful which is another tread all over town. We were able to sit in a lovely atmosphere, take our time, you're never rushed out. Use their WIFI and enjoy the finest bottomless cup of coffee you'll ever have. Don't miss this place!

1 Thank Larry H
“Great coffee and breakfast sandwiches”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Came in thinking it was to late for breakfast but they were still serving at 11:20. Got a double espresso and a sausage egg and cheese on rye. All the good reviews are dead on! Great service and great food in a timely manner. Sandwich was nice btw!!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Great breakfast, great coffee”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had breakfast at the coffee house three times during a four day stay it Cape Charles. Food was great, coffee even better. It's housed in a great old store-front; we had a good time just checking out the architecture and decor!

Visited July 2013