“Stunning” 5 of 5 bubbles

$55.00*
and up
Sunset Dolphin Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: At nearly 18 miles long, this bridge-tunnel complex is one of the engineering wonders of the world. Connecting Virginia's Eastern Shore with Virginia's mainland in Virginia Beach/Norfolk, this facility will save travelers 90 miles or more as they travel from points north of Wilmington, Delaware and head down the East Coast towards Virginia Beach or North Carolina's Outer Banks. With a restaurant and gift shop located on the southernmost island of the facility, travelers can enjoy spectacular views of the Chesapeake Bay while dining on delicious Virginia-inspired cuisine or while shopping for unique gifts and souvenirs. AND, the 625-foot fishing pier, located 3.5 miles off shore, provides anglers with a unique fishing opportunity, while leaving the boat at home!
Durham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Travelled across Chesapeake to get too Cape Charles and must say the views are stunning, if you have the time stop off at the rest point to take in the bay and your surroundings, well worth a look.

Visited September 2013

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Marvel of Engineering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

While staying near Virginia Beach while attending a wedding, we learned of this combined bridge and tunnel combination that connects the Delmarva peninsula to Virginia. We drove across the structure and enjoyed watching the many naval vessels that had gathered in the area for a military celebration.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank jackpine41
Baltimore, Maryland
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“How can you rate a bridge?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Ok, I am not a fan of bridges and was dreading driving across this one until we came to it. Attention people afraid of heights or bridges or other things that go bump in the night...there's nothing to fear. It's basically driving on a slightly elevated roadway. Occasionally you drive through a tunnel, but nothing weird. I just kept telling my husband how unnatural it seems to be over water for such a long period of time. Not scary, just weird. Their is a pull off close to a restaurant with some amazing views. We took a couple quick shots and jumped back into the car. It's really in the middle of nowhere on the Maryland side and close to Norfolk on the VA side. I don't think I would go out of my way to cross this bridge again, but it's been crossed off the bucket list. NEXT!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Groovina B
Richmond
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Shocked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

It has been 5 or more years since I entered the new Chesapeake bay Bridge Tunnel Shop and Restaurant. It was a total dump the last time I visited. I walked into the place today and got the shock of a life time. It was absolutely wonderful. Good food, beautiful views and a great reasonable priced souvenirs and everything. Thank you to the new owners. Wow must see what they have done. Thank you.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Shelbeannie
Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Anyone who is in this area should definitely make it a point to go on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, and I am glad my family and I drove over it. My three year old son was amazed that we were going over and under the water, and could even see large ships passing right by us. We also stopped at the fishing pier near the southern side of the bridge, and got the chance to see a large Navy ship go right by us, which was pretty neat. The views of the water and ships at sea are remarkable and are hard to beat.

Visited January 2014